Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne S - automatic passenger mirror tilt down

Old 08-01-2007, 01:00 PM
techm8n is on a distinguished road
Cayenne S - automatic passenger mirror tilt down

Does anyone know how to enable the automatic passenger mirror tilt down when the vehicle is in reverse? I followed the procedure in the manual but it still doesn't tilt down on reverse. I do have the memory seats which is required. Thanks in advance.

2004 Cayenne S

Old 08-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
That's funny, I cannot turn mine off I also followed the procedure in the manual and it still tilts down...

Old 08-01-2007, 02:12 PM
RG955TT is on a distinguished road
You need to make sure that the mirror switch (the little **** by the driver front window) is in the right hand mirror adjust position. If it is in the middle or to the left(for adjusting the driver's mirror) the passenger mirror will not tilt downward. If you do this, put the car in reverse, then adjust the mirror downwards it will then remember that position. Not sure if you have to hit the memory switch on the seat or not though....good luck. I hope this helps.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:44 PM
techm8n is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RG955TT
You need to make sure that the mirror switch (the little **** by the driver front window) is in the right hand mirror adjust position. If it is in the middle or to the left(for adjusting the driver's mirror) the passenger mirror will not tilt downward. If you do this, put the car in reverse, then adjust the mirror downwards it will then remember that position. Not sure if you have to hit the memory switch on the seat or not though....good luck. I hope this helps.
Yes, followed the manual to the T, just like your instructions and still doesn't work.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:00 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Somewtimes is works, sometimes it dont..oh well..LOL

Old 08-05-2007, 11:46 PM
whatever is on a distinguished road
I had to had the dealer turn on the feature for my 911. Not sure if it's the same on the cayenne.
my cayenne works just fine when the *** is turned to the right side.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:51 AM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Just tried this... if you don't want the side rear view passenger mirror to tilt, select side rear view driver mirror with the controller and just leave it on the driver's side position. Passenger's side then will not tilt.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:31 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
Just tried this... if you don't want the side rear view passenger mirror to tilt, select side rear view driver mirror with the controller and just leave it on the driver's side position. Passenger's side then will not tilt.

At least on my 955 I was able to shut it off in the menu also. Don't recall exactly where but I think it was under comfort.