Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2013 Cayenne S Dash Clock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 12:59 PM
bkmk5 is on a distinguished road
2013 Cayenne S Dash Clock

Has anyone else had this issue where the seconds hand on the dashboard clock gets stuck? It is not all the time either. It will get stuck one time I start up the car; shut it off, turn it back on and it works fine. In addition, its different locations that it gets stuck.

Here is the video I took on Saturday of it.

fyi, 400 miles on the truck.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:26 PM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
Hahaha
Join the clock club
Other forums have several members all with MY2013 Cayenne both 6, S, GTS, and turbo( my car) have faulty clocks. Mine stopped altogether clock and second hand the first night as soon as I started making personal settings
Porsche will eventually TSB software fix but till then only PCM and cluster working
Dash clock is dead

Last edited by RAKLAW; 08-21-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Love my compass

Old 08-21-2012, 07:33 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jace
Love my compass
Indeed,me too

Old 08-21-2012, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Jace
Love my compass
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Indeed,me too
(this place needs more smileys)

Yeah, well I use the sun/moon for my navigation and have a clock that works...sometimes.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:17 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bkmk5
(this place needs more smileys)

Yeah, well I use the sun/moon for my navigation and have a clock that works...sometimes.
hilar ious

Old 08-21-2012, 09:03 PM
Chris_FL is a jewel in the roughChris_FL is a jewel in the roughChris_FL is a jewel in the rough
Mine's been dead since I took delivery... I'll call em soon I guess, Do they not have a fix?

Old 08-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Chris_FL
Mine's been dead since I took delivery... I'll call em soon I guess, Do they not have a fix?

I talked to my salesman since he offered "If there is anything wrong, give me a shout." So I did. He got in contact with their service department who said they've never seen that before(I sent the clip posted above).

The clock second hand failing is intermittent and not all that troublesome but for an 80k car, the clock should work. I still doubt I'll bring it in unless the entire clock stops working.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:54 PM
littodevil is on a distinguished road
I haven't recieved my CTT yet but I didn't get the compass option.. I wonder if it's upgradeable.. with some $$$ of course.. Hopefully porsche didn't make it so you couldn't buy the compass and stick it in place of the clock.. lol

Larry

Old 08-24-2012, 11:13 AM
WFBlue is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by littodevil
I haven't recieved my CTT yet but I didn't get the compass option.. I wonder if it's upgradeable.. with some $$$ of course.. Hopefully porsche didn't make it so you couldn't buy the compass and stick it in place of the clock.. lol

Larry
It is upgradeable: $497.00 from Porsche.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:52 AM
thegap1 is on a distinguished road
In the same boat. Picked up less than 2 weeks ago and the clock is dead. Dealer will only order a new one and decided not to troubleshoot the problem.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Mine was fixed by my dealer yesterday
Check out my post on the rennlist cayenne forum

Old 09-03-2012, 05:06 PM
danac123 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RAKLAW
Mine was fixed by my dealer yesterday
Check out my post on the rennlist cayenne forum
I could not find your Rennlist post, what did the dealer say or do? My clock is dead!

Old 09-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by danac123
I could not find your Rennlist post, what did the dealer say or do? My clock is dead!
The connector pin was not installed properly. The harness was disconnected after the pin was inserted and after reconnecting the clock has worked fine ever since. Actually I am surprised with the 10 minute fix time as mine stopped while I was doing the personal settings the first nite of ownership, so I did not think a faulty connection would be the culprit, as I did nothing to the clock setting.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:41 PM
danac123 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RAKLAW
The connector pin was not installed properly. The harness was disconnected after the pin was inserted and after reconnecting the clock has worked fine ever since. Actually I am surprised with the 10 minute fix time as mine stopped while I was doing the personal settings the first nite of ownership, so I did not think a faulty connection would be the culprit, as I did nothing to the clock setting.
I have had my car for about 3 weeks and it just stopped 2 days ago when I was messing with the settings. My dealership is 2 hours away is it something I have to take in to fix or can i do it my self?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 Cayenne S Dash Clock