Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Suggest alternate rubber floor mats besides Weathertech?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 05:38 PM
bones boy is on a distinguished road
Suggest alternate rubber floor mats besides Weathertech?

Not crazy about covering the door sills and I presume the Weathertechs cover the sills (from what I've seen in the forum). Also have seen several folks pan the Porsche OE rubber floormats as a bit cheap. I'm looking to protect as much carpeted area as possible and want deep channels for mud and water. Suncoast appears to sell several different mats but just looking for suggestions. Thanks.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:15 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
So far (about 2k) I've been happy with the Porsche mats, but my winters aren't anything like Alaska. I think they are a good light duty mat, but if you are going to do serious off road work or have consistently nasty winters I'd probably go with another option myself.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:56 PM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
I am happy with the Porsche rubber as well - looks good to me and durable.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:59 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
I like my Porsche rubber mats, use them year around, but we don't truly have winters in Vegas. I would agree they are a lighter duty all weather mat.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:28 AM
Dackerman is on a distinguished road
WeatherTech also has floor mats that do not go up the side walls: http://www.weathertech.com/product-e...s-all-weather/

They have the deep channels you're looking for too.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:50 PM
bones boy is on a distinguished road
Thanks all for the suggestions. Really it just ends up being a LOT of gravel here in Alaska, and then water channeling as you get in the car with snow-carrying boots and the snow melts. They don't do much (if any) salt here so that's a relief.

Dackerman - used your link but when I put in Porsche Cayenne for that specific floor mat it said one did not exist. But I emailed Weathertech sales to see what they do have. Should have done that in the first place. Thanks for the assist.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:42 AM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Not sure why you think Weathertechs cover the door sills.. they don't. I have their 'floor liners' and couldn't be happier.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:20 AM
X5B4 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NC 997
Not sure why you think Weathertechs cover the door sills.. they don't. I have their 'floor liners' and couldn't be happier.
We have the Porsche rubber mats and love them. I have weathertech's for years on multiple vehicles (liners and mats...very different) and their quality, fit and customer service have gone down hill unfortunately. Will not buy them again.

Old 12-03-2016, 01:27 PM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by NC 997
They do indeed cover the inner part of the sill. Here's two pictures. One of the driver side with the factory mat (which doesn't quite fit right with 2017 dead pedal). Then the other of the passenger side with the Weathertech.

Unless you're talking about extending out of the door entirely and out over the weatherstripping and onto the metal. Which would be silly as it'd wreck the weatherstripping. Not that covering the metal sill outside of the weatherstripping wouldn't be a nice addition (it would).

I 'get' what Weathertech is attempting to do. There's a raised lip on the rear edge of that mat that seems designed to help redirect any water that might accumulate on mat out away from the interior. That and prevent boots from whacking the lower face of the A-pillar section. Trouble is it doesn't protect the sill entirely.

Honestly, I'd prefer either more complete coverage of that area, extending out to the weather stripping, or a lip back inside (like the factory mat). Covering only half of the sill plates looks poorly designed, regardless of how well it works (or not).

The back mat seems to work better (no pix of that). But it does NOT come out over the sill at all. Nor do the factory mats.

Thus for anyone looking I'd say consider a combination of the factory set up front and the Weathertech rear mat. You're stuck buying the whole set of four for the factory front, but at least the Weathertech can be bought separately (front pair or whole rear).

Attached Images   
Old 12-03-2016, 01:38 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Check out findway in Canada. On another forum I am on many have purchased and love them.

Old 12-03-2016, 10:16 PM
patrickkc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Goin2drt
Check out findway in Canada. On another forum I am on many have purchased and love them.
+1 on Findway. I am using them on my Cayenne and x5.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:59 PM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by patrickkc
+1 on Findway. I am using them on my Cayenne and x5.
Pix?

Old 12-17-2016, 09:41 PM
sclemmons is on a distinguished road
I have these in my BMW and they are great! Stripes FTW.

https://www.cocomats.com/furstilstripes/

I bought a front set first. Then ordered a rear set to match.

Old 01-01-2017, 01:29 PM
958 S is an unknown quantity at this point
I originally bought a set of Weathertech mats, front, rear and cargo, for my 2012 Cayenne S. I returned them promptly without know an alternative but I knew these were not going to work. The did not lay flat enough for me to even give them a chance to flatten, my door would not shut. The bigger issue was they were thin plastic and that is what they looked and felt like. Maybe for my older truck, but not this. Then I found 3D MAXpider on amazon and gave them a shot and man am I glad I did. They are very high quality, fit excellent and have a nice texture to the mat surface. Also little grippy hairs on the back to keep it in place. The WT plastic was not a secure fit in my mind. Anyways, I will try to post some pictures but check them out on amazon or reviews on YouTube, they are great.

Attached Images   
Old 01-02-2017, 01:27 PM
patrickkc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wkearney99
Pix?
Hey, so sorry I didn't get to update with some pictures. I somehow didn't get an notification for the post. Had a few snowy days since the last post and they've been very good so far. For the price I paid, $104 I think these are much better than weathertechs.

Name:  dPatDB2l.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  52.0 KB

Name:  xAXHT4Zl.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  48.6 KB

Name:  yZ32fvxl.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  42.3 KB