Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

GTS/Turbo Bumper Swap + Working DRLs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 02:27 PM
snp_cayenne is a jewel in the roughsnp_cayenne is a jewel in the roughsnp_cayenne is a jewel in the roughsnp_cayenne is a jewel in the rough
GTS/Turbo Bumper Swap + Working DRLs

Just did a GTS/Turbo bumper swap on my 2013 Cayenne S. Turned out great!

Typically you lose the DRLs with this swap because of the DRLs being integrated in the headlights for the GTS and Turbo. I made a little harness adapter that allows the LED bar in the GTS/Turbo bumper to double as both the parking lights and DRLs without any ECU warnings. I can still disable the DRLs if I want from the PCM.

I've attached the schematic for the custom harness.

Attached Images     
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
cayenne_s_to_gts_drl 2.pdf (32.3 KB, 550 views)

Last edited by snp_cayenne; 01-03-2014 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:41 PM
Yathani is on a distinguished road
looks great

Old 07-16-2013, 03:38 PM
George718 is on a distinguished road
Where did you pick the bumper up from? How did you come up with the adapter?? Job well done!!

Old 07-16-2013, 03:44 PM
snp_cayenne is a jewel in the roughsnp_cayenne is a jewel in the roughsnp_cayenne is a jewel in the roughsnp_cayenne is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by George718
Where did you pick the bumper up from? How did you come up with the adapter?? Job well done!!
I got the bumper and aero kit from Suncoast. The paint and install was done by Queen City Auto Rebuild in Bellevue Wa. The folks at Queen City are amazing!

I did a bunch of benchtop testing with some replacements DRLs (from the GTS and S). When I get some time, I can sketch out the circuit digram for the adapter and post it.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:42 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Looks fantastic!! Well done!

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 07-17-2013, 01:38 PM
Ylincooper is on a distinguished road
Wow. thats amazing. how much for you to send me one of those harnesses?!

Last edited by Ylincooper; 07-17-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:03 PM
Please =)

Old 07-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Rolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SuncoastParts
Looks fantastic!! Well done!
Can you tell me how much a 958 Turbo front bumper would be? I assume it comes with all hardware needed for the switch or do I need to buy it elsewhere? Thank u!

Old 07-17-2013, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Stock_Monster

Can you tell me how much a 958 Turbo front bumper would be? I assume it comes with all hardware needed for the switch or do I need to buy it elsewhere? Thank u!
Go to suncoastparts.com and look for it there. You will see the price. Dont bother the OP people, he has harnesses to manufacture!

Last edited by Ylincooper; 07-17-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:56 PM
BUMP... snp_cayenne, any way you could post that circuit diagram for the adapter?! Ill pay you......................

Old 07-18-2013, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by Ylincooper
BUMP... snp_cayenne, any way you could post that circuit diagram for the adapter?! Ill pay you......................
I saw you PM, but I don't have permission to send PMs yet.

The Turbo Bumper leds have two lights in them (the yellow turn signal and the white parking light). I was able to get those horizontal white parking lights to act as both the parking lights and DRLs.

I'll check the garage to see if I have extra connectors left. Might be easier if I just post a quick schematic. I'll have some cycles this weekend.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by Stock_Monster
Their kit comes with almost everything. The only thing that was missing and I had to buy separately was the turbo bumper reinforcement bar (their kit did come with the turbo bumper foam).

Old 07-19-2013, 06:14 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Nice job snp. That adapter makes the conversion an interesting prospect.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by snp_cayenne

I saw you PM, but I don't have permission to send PMs yet.

The Turbo Bumper leds have two lights in them (the yellow turn signal and the white parking light). I was able to get those horizontal white parking lights to act as both the parking lights and DRLs.

I'll check the garage to see if I have extra connectors left. Might be easier if I just post a quick schematic. I'll have some cycles this weekend.
Sounds good. A schematic would work well for me. I have an electrical engineer as a friend.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:37 PM
Schematic...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: GTS/Turbo Bumper Swap + Working DRLs