Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne Rear Valance difference? (Sportdesign Package/GTS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 03:25 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
Cayenne Rear Valance difference? (Sportdesign Package/GTS)

It has recently came to my attention that every cayenne in the dealer lot (US) has the trailer hitch "cutout" in the rear valance, with or without the tow package.

it's very pronounced in a GTS

However, all the promotional images and EU vehicles I've seen online have the rear valance as straight across like below, the sportdesign package.

so my question is, is this a regional difference? of course I've also asked my dealer to find out but figure forum will know more =)

I've requested the straight across version for my GTS build because I have no need or will never tow anything and it just looks way better without a unnecessary cutout in the back.

thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SA_800.jpg
Views:	5483
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	297228   Click image for larger version

Name:	porsche__cayenne_diesel_sportdesignpanoairsus21__2013_10_lgw.jpg
Views:	4968
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	297229  
Old 11-05-2013, 04:50 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
I don't think you'll have an option. If you want the Euro bumper you'll probably have to order one and replace it after the fact.

I believe the Europeans use a different style hitch (look at the promo pics of the option) and that may be what allows for the different style bumper.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Chris_FL is a jewel in the roughChris_FL is a jewel in the roughChris_FL is a jewel in the rough
I agree, I was slightly disappointed when mine arrived (I ordered without tow hitch) and it didn't look like the "brochure"

Old 11-06-2013, 11:44 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
Sigh, looks like it is US spec vs EU issue here. I'm on a quest to get Porsche to build mine with the EU rear diffuser or I will attempt to replace it myself.

Will update how it turns out

Old 11-06-2013, 11:52 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
I expect it will be a straight swap without needing different mounting hardware. You might need a new rear spoiler too (under the car, not the one on the lift gate. Of course paint will be required as well.

Given that the Turbo front bumper skin is only about $300ish it might not be an expensive upgrade.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:04 PM
The Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by kechang
It has recently came to my attention that every cayenne in the dealer lot (US) has the trailer hitch "cutout" in the rear valance, with or without the tow package.

it's very pronounced in a GTS

However, all the promotional images and EU vehicles I've seen online have the rear valance as straight across like below, the sportdesign package.

so my question is, is this a regional difference? of course I've also asked my dealer to find out but figure forum will know more =)

I've requested the straight across version for my GTS build because I have no need or will never tow anything and it just looks way better without a unnecessary cutout in the back.

thanks!
I may be wrong here, but if you like the latter, order the auto retractable hitch which should give you the version you like?

Cheers,

Old 11-07-2013, 03:34 PM
^^ that's exactly why the EU version is different because theirs is retractable, as far as I know, that's not an option for the US built

I personally don't even want or need the tow package, I just want the same GTS butt that I fell in love with from the brochure

Old 11-13-2013, 06:32 PM
okay, so officially, looks like the US rear diffuser/valance is called the trailer-hitch preparation and comes standard for US Cayenne and pretty much confirmed this with every single cayenne I see on the road.

my dealer just quoted me $154.50 + paint + install for the EU valance. looks like a little small project before the delivery of my car!

I'll attempt to make mine the first? Euro spec GTS here in CA.. ha

Old 11-13-2013, 08:24 PM
I'll attempt to make mine the first? Euro spec GTS here in CA.. ha
If you want to do that then don't forget the euro headlights, euro side markers, and side mirrors too

Old 11-13-2013, 09:33 PM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
My Cayenne GTS has a hitch, but I like the lines of the cutout even if mine didn't have the hitch. It mimics the lines of the double airfoil spoiler above the rear window.

Old 11-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by TTCarrera
My Cayenne GTS has a hitch, but I like the lines of the cutout even if mine didn't have the hitch. It mimics the lines of the double airfoil spoiler above the rear window.
you are right! it does look like it's to copy the roof spoiler, but not sure what color is your GTS, on the white, the hitch area is too much white for my taste, I like to keep a nice contrast, but I could see the hitch area might look nice on a darker color car

Originally Posted by gnat
If you want to do that then don't forget the euro headlights, euro side markers, and side mirrors too
doing the side markers and I know about the euro mirror glass but don't really need that but euro headlight? do you know what's the difference? couldn't tell from any pictures..

Old 11-14-2013, 03:50 PM
but euro headlight? do you know what's the difference? couldn't tell from any pictures..
It's not something you see looking at the lights themselves, more at the light that they produce. If you look at the pattern your lights produce (when you have them) you'll see that there is a bit of a step effect. The euro lights produce a different step effect (higher on the passenger side if I remember correctly).

Not something I'd bother with. Just poking you for the "Euro GTS" comment

Old 11-14-2013, 04:21 PM
hahah, allow me to rephrase my previous comment then, I'll attempt to make a Euro GTS with changes people will actually notice

can't wait! baby will be born on 1/10/14!

Old 11-15-2013, 08:22 PM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
Just FYI.
In Europe, then you open Sport design package ordered as Tequipment part , you will find both diffuser versions included, US for hook preparation and EU.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:23 PM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by The Big Easy
I may be wrong here, but if you like the latter, order the auto retractable hitch which should give you the version you like?

Cheers,
Yesss.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Rear Valance difference? (Sportdesign Package/GTS)