Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Sunglass and phone dilemma

Old 01-23-2014, 07:09 PM
super50 has a spectacular aura aboutsuper50 has a spectacular aura about
Sunglass and phone dilemma

We are loving the GTS, but we can't figure out a good spot for the sunglasses or the phone….storage space seems to be scarce!!
What does everybody do?

Old 01-23-2014, 07:18 PM
nhirsch will become famous soon enoughnhirsch will become famous soon enough
if you have the same seats as I do, there is a small storage area with door in front of each seat below where your legs come out. I stow my glasses there and there is room for a phone as well although you have to reach down to access it.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:45 PM
HOiYA will become famous soon enough
For my phone I stick it in the ash tray compartment, not a smoker. For the sunglasses I wish they had added a compartment up by the review mirror, like they have on some other SUVs.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:39 PM
BlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud of
I miss my 'sunglass holder' compartment on the dash under the rearview mirror like on my old (2012) Touareg!
It was huge and could handle 3 pair of glasses easy!

Now i choose to utilize a sunglass visor clip.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:47 PM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Phone: It's also hardwired, so it charges when docked and it plays music (iTunes/Pandora) through the higher-fidelity USB connection than Bluetooth.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_zpsd9dc9272.jpg
Views:	6827
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	325080  
Old 01-24-2014, 11:45 PM
HOiYA will become famous soon enough
Isn't there a USB port in the arm rest that hooks up to the PCM? Or is that not a standard option?

Old 01-25-2014, 05:08 AM
grohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of light
I keep my sunglasss and reading glasses in the storage area beneath the driver seat. I can have them out and on in 10 seconds without taking my eyes off the road. Phone sits on a jelly pad in that wide spot at the center of the dash.

Typically get 1 additional bar of signal strength compared to parking it down on the console. I connect iPhone audio to my Bose audio system via Bluetooth, usually for listening to internet radio. That extra bar helps the phone hang on to the signal when transitioning from one freeway cell tower to the next.

//greg//

Name:	$%28KGrHqN,%21i0E8W+5vGi9BPOqo,zwd%21%7E%7E60_12.JPG
Views:	3412
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	325113  

Last edited by grohgreg; 01-25-2014 at 05:14 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:53 AM
[QUOTE=TTCarrera;4031885]Phone: It's also hardwired, so it charges when docked and it plays music (iTunes/Pandora) through the higher-fidelity USB connection than Bluetooth.

Thanks for all the ideas! I had no idea there was additional storage under the seats. I need to read the manual.

What brand is that iphone holder? I can quite make out.
Was it professionally installed or a DIY?

Thanks!

Old 01-25-2014, 09:22 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by HOiYA
Isn't there a USB port in the arm rest that hooks up to the PCM? Or is that not a standard option?
Standard.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=super50;4032031]
Originally Posted by TTCarrera
Phone: It's also hardwired, so it charges when docked and it plays music (iTunes/Pandora) through the higher-fidelity USB connection than Bluetooth.

Thanks for all the ideas! I had no idea there was additional storage under the seats. I need to read the manual.

What brand is that iphone holder? I can quite make out.
Was it professionally installed or a DIY?

Thanks!
One of these: http://www.proclipusa.com/dashboard-..._leftorright=0

Plus, one of these:http://www.proclipusa.com/phone-hold..._leftorright=0

Installed myself, took about an hour. You' should use a set of these to pry the center console trim pieces apart without damage, although it's possible to do with regular metal tools if you're careful:http://www.harborfreight.com/5-piece...set-67021.html

You'll need to drill/cut a hole in the side of the center console bin to thread the USB connector end through and plug into the USB female slot.

Name:	IMG_3362_zps5ca388ff.jpg
Views:	3221
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	325158   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3363_zps25ba6e1c.jpg
Views:	7210
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	325159  
Old 01-25-2014, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by grohgreg

Typically get 1 additional bar of signal strength compared to parking it down on the console. I connect iPhone audio to my Bose audio system via Bluetooth, usually for listening to internet radio. That extra bar helps the phone hang on to the signal when transitioning from one freeway cell tower to the next.

//greg//
To my ears, the sound quality if connected by USB is far superior to the BT connection. But if you're happy with the BT sound quality and the convenience of not having to dock the phone or plug it in to a cable, that's great.

Very true about more bars/signal strength and fewer connection drops.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:21 AM
[QUOTE=TTCarrera;4032126][QUOTE=super50;4032031]

One of these: http://www.proclipusa.com/dashboard-..._leftorright=0

Plus, one of these:http://www.proclipusa.com/phone-hold..._leftorright=0

Installed myself, took about an hour. You' should use a set of these to pry the center console trim pieces apart without damage, although it's possible to do with regular metal tools if you're careful:http://www.harborfreight.com/5-piece...set-67021.html

Thanks for the info.
I saw the install instructions on the Proclip - they don't mention having to remove any trim - but obviously you had to. I will get that tool just in case.
BTW I love Harbor Freight. My wife calls it my toy store! I can easily spend an hour in there looking at stuff.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by nhirsch
if you have the same seats as I do, there is a small storage area with door in front of each seat below where your legs come out. I stow my glasses there and there is room for a phone as well although you have to reach down to access it.
Found it. Is this the usual spot for the fire extinguisher?

Old 01-27-2014, 07:48 AM
rc2080 is on a distinguished road
The same compartment for the passenger seat is where the fire extinguisher usually lives, I think..

Old 01-27-2014, 02:17 PM
gelkad will become famous soon enoughgelkad will become famous soon enough
TTcarrera, If I may ask,what brand is the phone case you are using?
Thanks

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sunglass and phone dilemma