Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New Cayenne on Porsche's website!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 01:11 AM
smartbot is a name known to allsmartbot is a name known to allsmartbot is a name known to allsmartbot is a name known to allsmartbot is a name known to allsmartbot is a name known to all
New Cayenne on Porsche's website!

Just saw the new Cayenne design on Porsche's website. Not sure how I feel about it. Maybe it will look better in person... What do you guys think?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	NewCayenne.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	397324  

Last edited by smartbot; 07-24-2014 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Added video
Old 07-24-2014, 05:54 AM
uoL24 is on a distinguished road
What’s wrong with it?

Old 07-24-2014, 06:18 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
I think it looks great...?

Old 07-24-2014, 06:27 AM
I like the new 4 LED DRL.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:36 AM
xray doc is on a distinguished road
I don't like the new integrated exhaust in the rear bumper. Otherwise, it works.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:09 AM
Needsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud of
Do not like the Macan style front end at all. Then again, I don't like it on the Macan either.

The rear taillights are marginally successful.

All in all a good update for me....doesn't make my car feel dated!

Old 07-24-2014, 07:16 AM
BlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by xray doc
I don't like the new integrated exhaust in the rear bumper. Otherwise, it works.
Agreed. Additionally, i like the current 958 tail lights better too.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Do not like the Macan style front end at all. Then again, I don't like it on the Macan either.

The rear taillights are marginally successful.

All in all a good update for me....doesn't make my car feel dated!
+1, other than the upgraded lights (headlights, tail lights, fog lights) the exterior looks the same.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:27 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
I dislike the new headlights. The more open grill is better looking than the current base/diesel/S/hybrid bumper, but I like the current turbo grill better.

I don't like that prices jumped so significantly and that the diesel specs didn't budge even though Audi and VW are pulling higher numbers from the same motor

Old 07-24-2014, 08:01 AM
porschevin is on a distinguished road
No base V6 any more I guess. To me the current front & back including the tail pipes look better.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:09 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Other than possibly the GTS, NA motors are gone now which was expected.

As far as the base model, when the Cayenne was first released it was just the S and the Turbo. The V6 came later (can't remember if it was announced at launch or not). I expect that a TT 4cyl will be the new base model, though I can also see them possibly eliminating it so there is less price overlap with the Macan.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:45 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gnat
Other than possibly the GTS, NA motors are gone now which was expected.

As far as the base model, when the Cayenne was first released it was just the S and the Turbo. The V6 came later (can't remember if it was announced at launch or not). I expect that a TT 4cyl will be the new base model, though I can also see them possibly eliminating it so there is less price overlap with the Macan.
And Macan has S and Turbo model. It will be back for sure.

Old 07-24-2014, 11:00 AM
smartbot is a name known to allsmartbot is a name known to allsmartbot is a name known to allsmartbot is a name known to allsmartbot is a name known to allsmartbot is a name known to all
Originally Posted by gnat
I dislike the new headlights. The more open grill is better looking than the current base/diesel/S/hybrid bumper, but I like the current turbo grill better.
Agreed. The Turbo is not as appealing (it looks very similar to the other models).

Old 07-24-2014, 11:38 AM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
why did the S's base price jump nearly $10k? does it come with more standard equipment? I think it looks great, like the new steering wheel as well. wonder if we can retrofit the facelifted turbo bumper.

Last edited by MikeL; 07-24-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:11 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
besides the styling changes, i went through the microsite and noticed the Bose stereo is now standard across the models

i personally prefer the current GTS/Turbo styling, but will choose the facelift 2015 over any older models like gnat said

anyone wants to try retrofitting the new steering wheel?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Cayenne on Porsche's website!