Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Black window trims installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 12:30 PM
twozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of light
On the gate it's recessed so it would look odd without it. Nonetheless there are alignment holes. Then there is always filling it etc....custom job.

Old 11-24-2014, 06:36 PM
VincentMorin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by twozero1
On the gate it's recessed so it would look odd without it. Nonetheless there are alignment holes. Then there is always filling it etc....custom job.
Thanks for the heads-up. Will order the whole set

Old 12-21-2014, 07:13 AM
Hey twozero1! I really need your help here. We spent 2 hours trying to put the back window trim into place (the one with metal clips. It won't clip back… the rubber seems to stretch and follow the clip thus preventing the clip from clipping). We already ruined one trim trying to install it for hours…. How did you succeeded in putting it back into place? I'm lost here. What seemed like an easy mod is becoming a total nightmare.

Last edited by VincentMorin; 12-21-2014 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:21 AM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by VincentMorin
Hey twozero1! I really need your help here. We spent 2 hours trying to put the back window trim into place (the one with metal clips. It won't clip back… the rubber seems to stretch and follow the clip thus preventing the clip from clipping). We already ruined one trim trying to install it for hours…. How did you succeed it putting it back into place? I'm lost here. What seemed like an easy mod is becoming a total nightmare.
Same with me, I don't want to install them until I take my car to the dealer. The arched windows in the back are bent and not installed properly, I have my second set of trim waiting to be installed.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:27 AM
I have to say: it's a **** design. It would have been so simple to tap 2 torx screws in the trim inside the door instead of this retaining clips in rubber system...

Last edited by VincentMorin; 12-21-2014 at 10:11 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:13 PM
twozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of light
Like I said new clips might have made the job easier. I was told they came with new ones. I think when the moldings are pulled off it stretches them etc. I squeezed them up abit. Definitely Lube them up. The clip sits in the rubber molding and foot that holds it. I'll see if I can find the pics I took of fitting them in.

OMGGGGG I forgot. The one side (last one) I put the clips in the rubber first. Lubed them up and give a quick pick In. The only one I had trouble with was the lower one next to door opening which I massaged in.

Last edited by twozero1; 12-21-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:43 PM
That's what I needed to know. So to be clear, you put the clips in the rubber first, lube the clips so they are ready to receive the trim, then you put the trim in the clips? What I was trying to do is to put the whole trim with the clips on it and then try to clip them all in the rubber.

Also I didn't try to put the clips in the rubber first because the clips are such a tight fit on the trim that I thought it would be impossible to clip the clips in the trim afterwards.

By the way, I removed the trims with the clips and bought new clips but they are totally identical to the old one… none were broken or bent compared to the new one. they are 2$ each (what a joke!).

Let me know, would be very helpful in my second attempt.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:45 PM
Also did you have any troubles with the trim of the front door (upper part) it seems close to impossible to put it in correctly at the basis of it (near the mirror).

Another question, what did you use to lube the rubber and clips…. Soapy water, olive oil, anything else?

Old 12-21-2014, 10:01 PM
Also another question is the positioning of the clips. On the top section, I have all 4 with the pin facing down, on the bottom part, I have the middle one facing down and both sides facing up. I based this on the other part I pulled of from the other side. Does it sounds right?

Old 12-22-2014, 05:58 PM
For the other trims, lower door moldings just pull up and then reinstall. The uppers I used a soapy paint brush and ran it in the entire rubber track. New moldings just press fit in. No issues at all.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by twozero1
For the other trims, lower door moldings just pull up and then reinstall. The uppers I used a soapy paint brush and ran it in the entire rubber track. New moldings just press fit in. No issues at all.
Thanks! But its the back trim with clips that is causing the most trouble... Impossible to put back on

Old 02-06-2015, 06:17 PM
supercoolsix is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RPVantage
Two ,ore
Hi, just wanted to confirm how many pieces were ordered to replace the trim??

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Old 02-07-2015, 09:07 AM
Returned your PM

There are 10 pieces for the window trims. 1 for the gate.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:13 AM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
The rear window trim is the worst thing in the world. I would rather learn how to give myself a tattoo then reinstall this. I spent around 1.5 hours last night on the project. All the door moldings were easy. However, I still do not have trim around that rear glass. What a stupid design.

My damn fingers are sore from jacking with it. Alas, I get to do it some more tonight... Argh. I may try to install the clips first...

Mike

Old 04-04-2015, 04:02 PM
TD Pcar is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by svoshop
The rear window trim is the worst thing in the world. I would rather learn how to give myself a tattoo then reinstall this. I spent around 1.5 hours last night on the project. All the door moldings were easy. However, I still do not have trim around that rear glass. What a stupid design.

My damn fingers are sore from jacking with it. Alas, I get to do it some more tonight... Argh. I may try to install the clips first...

Mike
- While I like the black trim a little better, I don’t dislike my chrome enough to take on the pain you all have experienced!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Black window trims installed