Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Porsche Body Shop repair fail! Am I being unreasonable?

Old 08-19-2014, 10:48 PM
kash_bu is on a distinguished road
Porsche Body Shop repair fail! Am I being unreasonable?

Had a small fender bender, someone scratched up my bumper.

So I thought I was doing the right thing by taking it to the porsche body shop. Picked it up today, the car was filthy, washed it, it had rained so brought it back home to check out the paint job... I raced back to the dealership before they closed to show the SA the crappy job they did

Can't take good pics of all of the problems but here is a run down

1) Dimple that wasn't there dealer is playing dumb
2) On all of the corners "white out" touch up paint
3) I'll ignore the bad gaps
4) can't take a picture of it but on one side on the edge by the light it seems like there are bubbles under the clear cloat
5) Thread under the clear cloat - he said they would buff it out

the SA played it all off like it could be buffed out, I think its a sloppy job that should be redone. What should I do, What can I do?

Old 08-20-2014, 04:44 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
What parts were replaced/repainted? Just the bumper?

There's no "Porsche" body shop. They just use whichever body shop that they prefer to use AFAIK. I recommend you to look for reputable body shops around your area for future needs.

It's odd. They generally inspect the vehicle and note any damages prior to disassembling. I don't think you have any evidence to prove that you didn't have any of those imperfections, do you? Tough one...GL...

Old 08-20-2014, 04:55 PM
kash_bu is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Enilder
What parts were replaced/repainted? Just the bumper?

There's no "Porsche" body shop. They just use whichever body shop that they prefer to use AFAIK. I recommend you to look for reputable body shops around your area for future needs.

It's odd. They generally inspect the vehicle and note any damages prior to disassembling. I don't think you have any evidence to prove that you didn't have any of those imperfections, do you? Tough one...GL...
sorry, I created 2 threads by accident

The body shop is owned by the Porsche Dealership, ie Momentum Porsche I took the car across the street to Momentum Collision Center.

The bumper was repainted, the touch ups are on a repainted bumper, even if there were imperfections they should of been corrected on a repainted bumper, as you have to repaint the whole bumper.

The touch ups were on the same spots on both sides of the bumper, 4 spots total, paint job failure with a poor cover up.

Besides the paint was bubbling in other places.

They took the car back with no questions, he knew they where in the wrong

A scratch on a bumper is going to take a month to fix when its all said and done. Ridiculous

Old 08-21-2014, 12:17 AM
Stonosam has a spectacular aura aboutStonosam has a spectacular aura about
Not cool. Really unacceptable experience and a bad job indeed

Last edited by Stonosam; 08-21-2014 at 12:20 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kash_bu
sorry, I created 2 threads by accident

The body shop is owned by the Porsche Dealership, ie Momentum Porsche I took the car across the street to Momentum Collision Center.

The bumper was repainted, the touch ups are on a repainted bumper, even if there were imperfections they should of been corrected on a repainted bumper, as you have to repaint the whole bumper.

The touch ups were on the same spots on both sides of the bumper, 4 spots total, paint job failure with a poor cover up.

Besides the paint was bubbling in other places.

They took the car back with no questions, he knew they where in the wrong

A scratch on a bumper is going to take a month to fix when its all said and done. Ridiculous
Doesn't really matter who owns the body shop...

After searching "Momentum Porsche," I don't even need to do further research to figure out the reputability of the body shop owned by this dealership. Do your homework in future...best of luck.