Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Couple of small issues.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 03:16 PM
Boeing Driver is on a distinguished road
Couple of small issues.....

2011 958

Noticed today that the left rear tail light is completely out. Doesn't matter if I have lights on or stepping on the brake.....I get nuthin!.

Left front TPMS shows a caution and a -4 on the dash. Filled all tires to prescribed pressure and its still there.

I plugged in the durametric. Rear tail lights show no faults and the TPMS shows the indicated fault for left front TPMS. Tried to clear and its still there.

Anyone have any ideas?? Is the left front TPMS sensor going bad already??

How bout the rear tail light not working and yet no faults??

Thanks
JERRY

Old 10-21-2014, 06:27 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
According to PIWIS/TSI the techs are supposed to start checking the battery in the TPMS sensors at the 4 year mark and then every 2 years. So i would take that as a possibility that you indeed need a new one already.

As far as the taillight goes, if there was an issue with the bulbs or circuit board I would expect a fault. I don't recall off hand, but check your manual to see if a fuse exists for it and check the fuse. You might also want to pull the light and do some continuity testing on the bulbs and board. If you still have warranty left I'd skip messing with it yourself though and have the dealer do it. Given that there is no fault, my money is actually something more annoying/involved going on.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:23 PM
Thanks Gnat.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:26 PM
WhipE350 is on a distinguished road
Any update?

Old 10-28-2014, 11:49 PM
CTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of light
Regarding the caution warning light, just reset the TPMS so it can relearn the new set PSI in the tires.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by CTT-QTR
Regarding the caution warning light, just reset the TPMS so it can relearn the new set PSI in the tires.
Thanks for info man.
Do you mean reset with the dura metric??

Old 10-31-2014, 05:44 PM
WhipE350 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Boeing Driver
Thanks for info man.
Do you mean reset with the dura metric??
Look under System Learning in the manual under TPMs. You can do it from the steering wheel control on the tire monitoring screen. Basically if you change any setting and change it back it will start learning. Remember though for it to finishing learning you'll have to drive over 15 mph for a while.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by WhipE350
Look under System Learning in the manual under TPMs. You can do it from the steering wheel control on the tire monitoring screen. Basically if you change any setting and change it back it will start learning. Remember though for it to finishing learning you'll have to drive over 15 mph for a while.
Ah ok thanks Whip will try that.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Needsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Boeing Driver
Ah ok thanks Whip will try that.
Yes, this is necessary. Must be stopped to do it.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Ok that did work for the TPMS thanks guys.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:47 PM
Got the car to the dealer yesterday, he didn't really say what was wrong with it only that he ordered me a new tail light and will get it installed next week.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:41 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Basically they tested the bulbs/leds and that wasn't the problem. No one fixes components anymore, just toss it and get a mew one.

I would guess the circuit board in the assembly has a flaw. Doesn't take much to get a failure after being exposed to the life of a car part (heat/cold/vibration).