Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2015 S launch Vehicle first drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 10:21 AM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
2015 S launch Vehicle first drive

I posted this on Rennlist thought I would post here as well.
My thoughts on first drive of 2015 Cayenne S at the Dealer. Love the low end torque. Definitely better than old V8.
Turbo lag was almost imperceptible. If I didn’t have the boost gauge on I don’t think I could of really detected it.
I thought that the handling seemed firmer and better than the other steel suspension V8 S I drove earlier this year. Did they tweak the suspension?
If I had any criticism at all I would say it was too quiet. Even with the window rolled down I really couldn’t hear the engine. More like a Pepper Plant than a Tiger(Macan Turbo)
I guess for most people that is preferred.
Can’t wait till mine comes in:
PDCC.PTV.Air Susp sometime in Dec.
All the right junk in all the right places!

Old 10-23-2014, 05:12 PM
BlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud of
Interesting....
I cannot wait to test the 2015 CTT.

Minneapolis or St. Paul location?

Old 10-23-2014, 07:38 PM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Interesting....
I cannot wait to test the 2015 CTT.

Minneapolis or St. Paul location?
Minneapolis didn't see a turbo. I sent an email to Dave my salesman and asked when they were getting their launch vehicle's. A few minutes later he sends me a picture of the car just arriving with the plastic paper on it. He said he would text me when I could drive. Later that day he said to come on by. They don't have any control of what PCNA will order for them as launch vehicles. So I dont if they have a CTT coming.

Old 10-24-2014, 04:04 AM
BlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud of
Yes, i know Dave @ Minneapolis. Sounds like the "S" you drove was improved over previous years.

I view it as a good sign that their getting in 2015's now.
I'm confident that either the Minneapolis or St. Paul location will obtain a launch CTT sooner or later.