Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

How Possible Is Leather Dash Top Retrofit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 05:14 PM
carlosC4S is on a distinguished road
How Possible Is Leather Dash Top Retrofit?

Hi all

How easy will it be to have the dash top section removed and replaced with a leather covered one on my 2011 CD?

I cant swap for another with the option so retrofit is the option I have and I'm planning on going the dad top clock retrofit so thought the leather dash would be a really nice touch?

Thanks

Carl

Old 12-20-2014, 09:13 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
The leather is attached (glue) to the dash, so you have to R&R the whole dashboard. I haven't pulled the dashboard from a Cayenne, but other cars I've worked that deep into have been a real PITA.

In addition to the dashboard you'll also have a bunch of other bits to replace too (e.g. knee bolsters).

Old 12-21-2014, 12:41 AM
Hi gnat

Yes I was thinking the whole dash top, one out one in. I don't know the cost of a leather one but am keeping my eye out for a Turbo or leather optioned Cayenne breaking up so I can do this a bit cheaper 😃

Thanks

Old 12-21-2014, 09:57 AM
Matt911 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by carlosC4S
Hi gnat

Yes I was thinking the whole dash top, one out one in. I don't know the cost of a leather one but am keeping my eye out for a Turbo or leather optioned Cayenne breaking up so I can do this a bit cheaper 😃

Thanks
Check these guys out
http://teile.com/en/porsche-parts-sh...ard-lining/109

They got new and used leather dashboards

Old 12-21-2014, 12:56 PM
Yeah Ive seen their website and have emailed them to ask the question because all of their listings are LHD and I need RHD.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:08 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
I investigated doing this on my old 996, it was very expensive , something like 4k and I needed a correct VIN. Of course this was space grey, a non standard color, things may have changed.
There is an outfit in LA that specializes in Porsche interiors, the name escapes me, worth a try.