Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

11 Cayenne Turbo 958 Trailer hitch wiring help

Old 06-01-2015, 01:18 PM
syavik is on a distinguished road
11 Cayenne Turbo 958 Trailer hitch wiring help

Hello. I have 11 Cayenne TT and I already installed OEM trailer hitch, but I can't find a wiring harness that is inside a vehicle that should be connected to module. Anyone has any idea?
Thank you

Old 06-01-2015, 02:46 PM
powdercoatmike has a spectacular aura aboutpowdercoatmike has a spectacular aura about
Old 06-01-2015, 05:39 PM
Yes this is harness outside

I'm talking about a trailer module that's gets added in inside the vehicle. 1 harness comes from outside of the vehicle and another from inside the vehicle, existing harness, but I cant find it.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:05 PM
powdercoatmike has a spectacular aura aboutpowdercoatmike has a spectacular aura about
I think it should be on the left hand side inside, but that may only be on ones that come with the hitch from the factory? On mine, I only needed to unscrew the cover on the outside and plug that module in. Why the tow package doesn't come with it to begin with is another story.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:13 PM
You had a hitch that came from factory.

I'm doing a fresh install on my vehicle that never came with trailer hitch.
I maybe unclear, I'm missing harness that comes from inside of a vehicle to TRAILER TOWING CONTROL MODULE and not wiring for electric brakes and not exterior Trailer Plug. It's usually on the right side but I can't find it.
Any ideas?

Last edited by syavik; 06-01-2015 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:26 PM
The key is RED Plug

Found a red plug that was located on the right side inserted in the red plastic holder, removed Bose amplifier and installed a trailer controlled module with 2 harnesses connected.
Thank you STRONBL.

Old 01-16-2017, 07:49 PM
drdavidjr is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Trailer Hitch Wiring

I have a 2014 CTT. I installed a curt trailer hitch which was pretty easy actually. I now want to hook up the factory wiring using this part (WIRE HARNESS - PORSCHE (958-612-506-00)).
I need some help locating the electrical connections. There should be two connectors inside the vehicle on the passenger rear cargo side. I located one a green connector but cannot locate the second one which is the control module.

Please help.

Thanks

Old 01-17-2017, 12:39 AM
MountainStone is on a distinguished road
I too have a Curt hitch and would like to install the OEM wiring but I have had no luck sourcing the correct parts or instructions on how to install them. I contacted Suncoast to enquire whether they could supply just the electrical components from the hitch kit they sell but they will not; the rep claimed they receive the kit direct from Porsche and cannot even order the electrical components separately. My dealer quoted $1200 to install the module and wiring (no thanks) and my local independent mechanic recommended I visit the dealer because they couldn't find the correct part numbers and procedures. I don't know why this particular task is so DIY unfriendly.

That said, I think you need to purchase and install the module in addition to the wiring harness you linked, then have a dealer code in the new module. If you find the correct part numbers and procedures PLEASE post them. Alternatively, you can install one of the sub-$100 solutions from etrailer.com, which are not elegant but do work if you only need a 4-flat or 5-flat connector (which have no provision for electric trailer brakes like the OEM 7-pin round connector).
​​​​

Old 01-19-2017, 10:35 AM
958 S is an unknown quantity at this point
After I bought a curt hitch, which is still sitting unused if anyone is interested, I realized that the only way to know for sure you had the correct parts was to buy the original hitch as it not only comes with the long cable that runs the length of the hitch but also the additional module that is not pre installed (in addition to the module installed in the right rear fender well). After many hours of research this was my conclusion and to be honest I am glad it took me awhile because I changed my mind and decided not to install it as I have hitches on two other vehicles now and decided to get a roof box for the Cayenne instead and use another vehicle if I needed to tow. All that being said, knowing you want a hitch, if you are not just using it for a rack or bikes and want to tow, I would not advise the aftermarket route as cheap as it may seem. The reason is you will want that hitch hookup to recognize when a trailer is attached as it talks to the ecu and adjusts several parameters such as gear ratios and provides for proper braking, and a little but important thing is that it does things like disable the backup sensors when it knows a trailer is attached so you don't get the obnoxious beep when backing up.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:12 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
I have a PDF of the porsche install procedures for the oem kit. the instructions cover the install pretty good. If you look around it all makes sense, just need to think it through. I had a little trouble at first, but in hindsight made sense. I can post if still needed.

Old 05-13-2017, 04:16 PM
DIAMONDD is an unknown quantity at this point
Install instructions in pdf

Originally Posted by Kricci
I have a PDF of the porsche install procedures for the oem kit. the instructions cover the install pretty good. If you look around it all makes sense, just need to think it through. I had a little trouble at first, but in hindsight made sense. I can post if still needed.
KRICCI, do you have the install procedures you can send me?

Thank you!

Old 05-17-2017, 07:16 AM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DIAMONDD
KRICCI, do you have the install procedures you can send me?

Thank you!
I'll look when I get home next week. If so, I'll pm you.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:42 AM
davison is an unknown quantity at this point
please can you send me this pdf too? thanks

Old 05-19-2017, 05:55 AM
jtsmith18 is on a distinguished road
I would be most appreciative as well.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:14 PM
I found it - now to get it to post.

Let's see if this works:
http://rennlist.com/forums/attachmen...ch-install.pdf

Let me know if that doesn't work and i have it in PDF on my computer, i can send it to whoever needs it.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 11 Cayenne Turbo 958 Trailer hitch wiring help