Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne Panoramic Roof Question!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 09:58 AM
Qu4ttro is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by socialpro
Looking for any shade of grey / blue / silver (exterior)...I love black but too much to upkeep for a DD and as my 997 is black Id rather stay away from 2 black cars (And the fact that I hate swirls)...yes the fronts for me could go either way between new and old but back is a clear winner on new one for me. Not looking for too many options either, and now as discovered no pano roof. But no rush for me on the purchase as my S4 warranty is still good for over a year. Even debating looking into the 2016 gts as they got quicker (low 13s 1/4 mile now), and have a KILLER look to them with the sport design package. Saw one in person the other day and was drooling.
I would love to have the GTS. It would be my choice for the money compared to the turbo. Live their wheels and body styling packages.
My Audi was black on black and that was way too hot and hard to maintain the paint but as you said looks popping when detailed correctly.

Old 08-28-2015, 12:54 PM
BeReal is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Qu4ttro
Not sure if that will be the same in Arizona desert heat and sun. The mesh cover doesn't do much to block the heat more the light. The factory built in tint is the one the really blocks the uv and solar energy.
Got the info from a friend in Kuwait where summers are brutal! And it's the tinted glass doing the work as you mentioned.

Old 08-28-2015, 05:17 PM
powdercoatmike has a spectacular aura aboutpowdercoatmike has a spectacular aura about
I had a luxor beige interior, it didn't seem to let the light in as much as the new black mesh does, but it could be we just didn't notice it due to the light color. However, both block the sun equally well. The car is much cooler with the shade closed than opened with each color interior though.

Old 08-29-2015, 12:08 PM
ronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Qu4ttro
Not sure how this is relevant to our pano discussion. Lol

Nice cayenne though. Is it a diesel?
You're right. Posted on wrong thread. Yes diesel.

Old 09-01-2015, 11:15 PM
Banned
SI-CO 13 is on a distinguished road
I have black interior. Zero sun shines through the roof. I actually totally forgot it had the roof option when I was test driving it at the dealer because the screen as closed. And the glass is insulated so I don't feel much if any heat at all from the roof. Been 90-100 degrees here for the last few months. Just keep the screen closed and it's not a problem. I would never buy this truck without this option. Best option you can get.

Old 09-04-2015, 05:54 PM
Mathme is on a distinguished road
I love the Pano Roof Option!

My '09 had the standard sunroof and this one has the Pano. I like it mainly because it lets in so much more light into the cabin that it keeps the back seat from being too much of a cave. It's been pretty warm here, but I haven't found the heat through the sunroof too bad.

I have Agate Gray interior and a little sun does shine through my cover.

Like a few posters above, this is one option that's a must on this car.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:00 AM
mmdht2 will become famous soon enoughmmdht2 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by socialpro
Looking at purchasing a cayenne and debating on the panoramic roof!

My question is if there is anything that you can cover the panoramic roof that slides out - I can't find much pictures or info on that online. Is it a 'mesh' net that can cover it up, or a full solid 'screen'.

I enjoy the concept to have that roof option every once in a while, but with constant sunshine in AZ I want to block out as much sun entering the vehicle during the day as possible. Please let me know know if someone can post up a picture of their roof closing screen in the 'closed' position.

Thanks for all the help!
you have to see the pano roof yourself to decide. it's very impressive. much larger than i expected. all the way to the edge. much better than my mercedes s-class pano roof. not very practical in the summer, especially in AZ, but i love driving it with the roof closed but shade open. you can see the sky!! i had the tint guy tint it with a clear heat shield type of stuff when i tint the car. it definitely worked. was debating covering the windshield too (illegal by the way). i don't know about other people but i would not buy a "luxury" car without pano roof.