Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne Panoramic Roof Question!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 02:36 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Cayenne Panoramic Roof Question!

Looking at purchasing a cayenne and debating on the panoramic roof!

My question is if there is anything that you can cover the panoramic roof that slides out - I can't find much pictures or info on that online. Is it a 'mesh' net that can cover it up, or a full solid 'screen'.

I enjoy the concept to have that roof option every once in a while, but with constant sunshine in AZ I want to block out as much sun entering the vehicle during the day as possible. Please let me know know if someone can post up a picture of their roof closing screen in the 'closed' position.

Thanks for all the help!

Old 08-27-2015, 02:51 PM
Qu4ttro is on a distinguished road
I would def recommend the panoroof option as it feels so much more roomy inside esp for the back seat passenger. It's also good for resale later in the future.

If there is a direct sunlight on top of the car you can see it slightly as there is a mesh like cover the entire length of the pano glass. It does block out a lot of the sun though esp with the factory tinted glass. If you really want extra protection on top of that I would get it tinted.

Sorry I don't have a pic handy now. Will try to post it later. Hope that helps though.

Old 08-27-2015, 02:59 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Qu4ttro
I would def recommend the panoroof option as it feels so much more roomy inside esp for the back seat passenger. It's also good for resale later in the future.

If there is a direct sunlight on top of the car you can see it slightly as there is a mesh like cover the entire length of the pano glass. It does block out a lot of the sun though esp with the factory tinted glass. If you really want extra protection on top of that I would get it tinted.

Sorry I don't have a pic handy now. Will try to post it later. Hope that helps though.
OK you have answered my question - with the 'mesh like cover'.

I'm definitely not a fan of that option as I have been in a few Audi SUVs with that, and there is still definitely a lot of sun/heat going through the glass roof combined with the mesh. I know tinting can be an option, but I would rather not have any of that and just have a standard moonroof option. And I like my cars as dark inside as possible while im driving.

The sun never stops shining here (not necessarily a bad thing!) and its hard enough to keep the sun and heat out of the car during the day as it is without any extra windows on top of the vehicle that are essentially 'see through'.

I know there are certain cars/suvs where the cover is a full SOLID cover that covers ups the panoramic moonroof. I was hoping the cayenne was one of those cars.

Old 08-27-2015, 03:13 PM
Yeap. If that's the case I would highly recommend not getting the pano option. I totally understand that esp in your climate/region.

I wonder if you can change out the Oem cover for a more solid and temp blocking material? Like some curtain material?

If not, then there are plenty of cayennes out there without the pano and just the moonroof so it should be easier to find if you are looking at the used market.

Old 08-27-2015, 03:17 PM
Yes - thats what Im thinking.

Im passing on a killer 2013 cayenne turbo deal because I realized I want the updated 2015 changes and the one I was looking at has the pano roof, which now is a deal breaker for me.

Thanks for the help!

Old 08-27-2015, 03:35 PM
Are there a lot of changes to the 2015? I thought it was mostly exterior styling? Anything technology and mechanical wise?

Good luck on your purchase. Post some pictures once you done so!

Old 08-27-2015, 03:46 PM
As far as I know - Minor changes to exterior bumpers, lights (LOVE the new slimmer tail lights), steering wheel, and a mild HP bump. To most (especially non porschephiles) these would be VERY negligible changes / visual cues and most people would have no idea the new one from the old one. But when one is already in the realm of vehicles costing close to 6 figures or over, its mostly (purely) all emotional, and the smallest details make all the differences sometimes.

I was set on picking up a 2012-2013 ctt and was about to fly to houston to pick one up this Friday - but after thinking and looking at the new ones (2015+), my heart is set on the updated body style and changes. I dont always fall that way though because I find my 997tt far more aesthetically pleasing and appealing in all proportions vs the 991tt.

I'm not too keen on the depreciation that the new ones still have yet to take...but I have went the 'cheaper' route a few times and that has costed me more time and money to fix those missteps then I'd like to admit.

Last edited by socialpro; 08-27-2015 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:17 PM
I agree with you that buying these luxury vehicles are very emotional and a small detail could be a go or no go.

I love the 2015s new multifunction steering wheel and new slimmer taillights but did not like the front end update.

Any color combination you are looking at?

Old 08-27-2015, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Qu4ttro
I agree with you that buying these luxury vehicles are very emotional and a small detail could be a go or no go.

I love the 2015s new multifunction steering wheel and new slimmer taillights but did not like the front end update.

Any color combination you are looking at?
Looking for any shade of grey / blue / silver (exterior)...I love black but too much to upkeep for a DD and as my 997 is black Id rather stay away from 2 black cars (And the fact that I hate swirls)...yes the fronts for me could go either way between new and old but back is a clear winner on new one for me.

Not looking for too many options either, and now as discovered no pano roof. But no rush for me on the purchase as my S4 warranty is still good for over a year.

Even debating looking into the 2016 gts as they got quicker (low 13s 1/4 mile now), and have a KILLER look to them with the sport design package. Saw one in person the other day and was drooling.

Last edited by socialpro; 08-27-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:57 PM
Atlanta_Cayenne is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by socialpro
OK you have answered my question - with the 'mesh like cover'.

I'm definitely not a fan of that option as I have been in a few Audi SUVs with that, and there is still definitely a lot of sun/heat going through the glass roof combined with the mesh. I know tinting can be an option, but I would rather not have any of that and just have a standard moonroof option. And I like my cars as dark inside as possible while im driving.

The sun never stops shining here (not necessarily a bad thing!) and its hard enough to keep the sun and heat out of the car during the day as it is without any extra windows on top of the vehicle that are essentially 'see through'.

I know there are certain cars/suvs where the cover is a full SOLID cover that covers ups the panoramic moonroof. I was hoping the cayenne was one of those cars.

I had similar concerns. I just took delivery of a 2016 CS. I opted for black interior which I said I would never do again here in Atlanta. It's been 90+ with nearly 100% humidity over the last couple of weeks and I have had no issues keeping the cabin cool. Between the rear sun shades on the back windows, cooling seats and the mesh closed on the roof the cabin is actually cooler than my 2011 Cayenne with just a sunroof and beige interior. See if a dealer has a loaner you can borrow for a day or two. I was able to do this and it helped me with my selection.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:21 PM
ronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud of
Wrong thread��

Last edited by ronan; 08-29-2015 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Wrong thread
Old 08-28-2015, 04:46 AM
BeReal is on a distinguished road
The pano roof does not let any heat through from the sun. Try it out, put your hand against the pano when the sun is shining bright.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by ronan
I have the '16 moonlight blue with agate grey interior blue with blackout trim Aluminum shifter-get it new steering wheel
Not sure how this is relevant to our pano discussion. Lol

Nice cayenne though. Is it a diesel?

Old 08-28-2015, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by BeReal
The pano roof does not let any heat through from the sun. Try it out, put your hand against the pano when the sun is shining bright.
Not sure if that will be the same in Arizona desert heat and sun. The mesh cover doesn't do much to block the heat more the light. The factory built in tint is the one the really blocks the uv and solar energy.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by Atlanta_Cayenne
I had similar concerns. I just took delivery of a 2016 CS. I opted for black interior which I said I would never do again here in Atlanta. It's been 90+ with nearly 100% humidity over the last couple of weeks and I have had no issues keeping the cabin cool. Between the rear sun shades on the back windows, cooling seats and the mesh closed on the roof the cabin is actually cooler than my 2011 Cayenne with just a sunroof and beige interior. See if a dealer has a loaner you can borrow for a day or two. I was able to do this and it helped me with my selection.
Yes def try to loan one for a couple of days. I second the ventilated seats. They are so awesome and I cannot go back to regular seats esp in our summer months.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Panoramic Roof Question!