Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2016 GTS replaced my Macan Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 10:37 AM
JesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud of
2016 GTS replaced my Macan Turbo

The Macan was a lot of fun but I just couldn't handle how small the back seat was and how impractical it was as a SUV.

I took delivery of a Silver GTS on Thursday of last week and did a quick 1K mile road trip with it this MDW.

I plan to transfer over my VRTuned piggy back and toss some wheels spacers on it ASAP.

Name:  975C29E3-B8BA-4028-A035-5E03CC4F5DCA_zpsz2lwzfls.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  185.2 KB

Old 05-30-2016, 10:51 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
I know what you mean about the small back seat. More bang-for-the-buck with the Cayenne.

Old 05-30-2016, 06:34 PM
JesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud of
I concur.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:03 AM
luvawatch is on a distinguished road
When I was shopping this past January I really wanted to get the Macan over the Cayenne. Mostly because I've owned Cayenne's before and the Macan would've saved me lots of $. But, yes, with 3 kids the Macan's back seat just didn't work. Didn't help that there was a black Cayenne GTS available so I took that home.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:02 AM
jtorrebl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JesseRohr
The Macan was a lot of fun but I just couldn't handle how small the back seat was and how impractical it was as a SUV.

I took delivery of a Silver GTS on Thursday of last week and did a quick 1K mile road trip with it this MDW.

I plan to transfer over my VRTuned piggy back and toss some wheels spacers on it ASAP.

I have the same color GTS as you but with black classic 21" wheels. My wife just got a macan and its PDK transmission and size impressed me. The back is very close in size to the cayenne. How much more narrow in the back seat is it?
I'm considering a macan on my next car. But the new interior spy shots of the cayenne looks amazing. That screen is huge

Last edited by jtorrebl; 06-12-2016 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:56 PM
stephen k is on a distinguished road
Looks awesome. I really like the whole appearance of the 958.2 GTS models.

Stephen

Old 06-03-2016, 07:56 AM
thaddh is just really nicethaddh is just really nicethaddh is just really nicethaddh is just really nicethaddh is just really nice
Have you had spacers on a cayenne before. What size are you getting?

Old 06-04-2016, 10:15 AM
jtorrebl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by thaddh
Have you had spacers on a cayenne before. What size are you getting?
I made a thread here on spacers. Look it up.
I put 15 front 18 rear with 21" classic wheels.
The rear pops out a little more.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:22 AM
RAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud of
nice ride!

Old 06-13-2016, 04:36 PM
xsrfs is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jtorrebl
I have the same color GTS as you but with black classic 21" wheels. My wife just got a macan and its PDK transmission and size impressed me. The back is very close in size to the cayenne. How much more narrow in the back seat is it?
I'm considering a macan on my next car. But the new interior spy shots of the cayenne looks amazing. That screen is huge
Chiming in on the back seat of the Macan vs the Cayenne. We were going to get a Macan until we test fitted our front facing child seat in the Macan - it didn't fit. The reason is our (955) Cayenne has 12 inches in between each front seat and the Macan only has 10 inches. The less leg room of the Macan requires the seat to fit in between the two front seats, but its' too narrow. (FYI the seat is a Diono Radiant RXT). It fits front facing still a squeeze.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:48 AM
shrid is an unknown quantity at this point
I really wanted the Macan T but ran into the same issue as many have with the small backseat. so brought this baby home instead. wife and kid loves the new ride

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	House w Car v2.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	453969  
Old 07-24-2016, 10:37 AM
carreragt2e is on a distinguished road
Nice ride! Those wheels in black look great. I've a 2013 GTS and went through the same thing with deciding on Cayenne or the Macan. I liked driving the Macan better. During some test drives, we put the rear facing kid seat in, but the passenger couldn't move the seat back much and it wasn't practical in the middle. In the Cayenne I've had two adults and a rear facing kid seat in the back fit comfortably. Also, all of the extra stuff that we bring every time we travel with the kiddo ended up making me decide on the Cayenne.

Enjoy your GTS!

Old 11-27-2016, 10:06 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Originally Posted by JesseRohr

Love the gts cayenne -- how has your experience been with the TUNE in this over the macan? And are you still happy with your ghost links?