Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Is sport plus option worth it on 958.2 GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 07:29 AM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by deilenberger
I don't see me doing it since I don't like winding up a driveline that's as expensive to fix as a Cayenne one is.
The Turbo S on the track really didn't seem to be affected by the 'winding up'. I've screwed around with power braking on all kinds of other vehicles over the years. And some definitely showed signs their drivetrain was not designed to do it. You felt the slop of the suspension and transmission mounts, the groan of the brakes, etc. I felt NONE of that in the Turbo S. And this wasn't a brand new one. Iirc, it had upwards of 80k on the odometer and that was all demo/track use. Granted, it was under the supervision and maintenance of the factory, but it was still a whole helluva lot more 'tight' than any SUV I've ever driven.

But, yeah, I wouldn't see using launch control or even the chrono features with any kind of regularity.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:21 AM
jtorrebl is on a distinguished road
So sport plus Option really accelerates the shifting. Had a run where it seemed like i had the pdk in my wife's macan s

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.