Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Door handle issue, help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 05:37 PM
EuroZ06 is on a distinguished road
Door handle issue, help

Hi, are there any door handle experts here?

So im in montana, and this winter temps dropped to negatives a few times. The first time it happened, a friend of mine (female) was getting in the passenger seat and when the door initially didnt open (due to it being a bit frozen up), she yanked the door handle very hard. The handle hasnt been itself ever since. It doesnt fully retract back on its own, needs a small push to get in its slot (when its freezing. its fine when its warm out/in the garage). Main issue however is the fact when its freezing out, the door will open, but wont close (the mechanism wont latch) even if i push the handle back in place. I need to push ut closed, then lock the car before it closes properly. In general it feels that it doesnt pull back in with any tension (vaguely).

After the incident, i have tried to take off the inner panel and adjust something (dunno what i was doing), but couldnt get past the inner cover (where regulator is attached), its at that time that i noticed the door was just fine (well, it was warm in the garage and i figured it cured itself).

There are no porsche dealers in montana.

Old 01-03-2017, 05:47 PM
EuroZ06 is on a distinguished road

There is a little hole on the side of the door, right by the handle, i was hoping to stick something in it and try to adjust what ever it is that isnt working, but i dont know what to look for. I reaaaaally dont want to take the inner panel off again.

Once again, when it is warm outside, someone that doesnt know the handle is not itself, wouldnt even notice anything wrong, only I with a keen sense of feel can tell that there isnt the same tension when it retracts. Problem is in the cold weather and it is very noticible.

The hole...

Old 01-06-2017, 08:40 PM
patrickkc is on a distinguished road
Same thing happened to my door handle last night! My rear driver door handle now feels "loose". Currently -12c, with windchil sitting at -20c.

Old 01-08-2017, 05:31 AM
Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !
I bet there is ice from condensation or just plain frozen water in there. I would park it somewhere warm for a while and let it thaw out and see what happens. That water just moves around and re-freezes. Do you have a warmer parking garage you can take it to for a short while or use a heat gun and carefully heat it up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.