Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Tailgate issue with 2011 Cayenne Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 08:17 PM
Nhammond25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tailgate issue with 2011 Cayenne Turbo

Hello, I have an urgent problem with the tailgate of my cayenne. The tailgate is stuck shut and refuses to budge either electronically or manually. I did not realize it was open and it drained my battery the next morning. I got it to lock, but could never get it to open.

My best guess is that that day a friend of mine pressed the lock position button on the trunk and then closed it completely. It unlocks, whirrs, then locks back. I get no kind of warning lights or beeps. I attempted to remove the fuse for the tailgate controls and try again, still no use. No controls on either of the two keys or the car itself work.

I have a ladder stuck in the back and the only way it is coming out is through the trunk. Is there anything I could try or should I opt out taking it into the dealer? I could really use some help as quick as possible!

Thanks

Old 01-19-2017, 09:23 AM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
I believe if you open the panel on the inside of the tailgate (you'll have to crawl in there from the back seat area) there is a emergency release. It's there in case you're kidnapped and forced into the trunk. US Federal law requirement.

As far as getting the ladder out, sunroof?

Old 01-19-2017, 09:36 AM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Just went out and looked at mine - nope. No release. Guess they figured out it would be difficult to trap someone in the rear compartment. Bummer. I know I saw an emergency trunk release on some SUV (probably wife's Lexus RX350) where it made absolutely no sense.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:43 AM
BTW - when you say you "managed to get it to lock.." - perhaps something was stuck in the opening keeping it from locking? And that something is now jamming the tailgate from lifting up? Maybe try lifting as you press the release button? Or pushing in while pressing the release button (in case it's keeping the lock mechanism from releasing)..

Old 01-20-2017, 05:40 AM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
Don't want to state the obvious, but did you check that the fuses were actually good? I'd want to know they're passing voltage. Throw a volt meter on the fuse to be sure.

The manual indicates this as an emergency procedure:
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...ng-and-Locking

Old 01-20-2017, 10:31 AM
Nhammond25 is an unknown quantity at this point
UPDATE: Figured out the problem after a bit of searching around. The car sent a fault code and won't allow the trunk to open. I am going to have to get it reset. Thanks for all the help from everyone! The tailgate is functioning, just not operating.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:38 AM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
Is this a fault code that can be reset in the field using tools like the Torque app and a Bluetooth OBD2 module? Or iCarScan?

Old 09-23-2019, 07:23 PM
Itcanbdunn2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tailgate issue

What was the fault code and how did you reset it. Everything still working without any parts replaced ? My tailgate won’t unlock or lock and has to be emergency opened. It is a 2013 turbo Cayenne with power tailgate. I’m thinking the power latch has failed does anyone have any more info on this issue

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.