Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Static cornering light - right warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 01:42 AM
TJtheDJ will become famous soon enough
Static cornering light - right warning

Oh this car..

Can someone please confirm which bulb (H3 H7 H11) is needed to replace the right passenger static cornering light on my 2011 Cayenne S?

Manual says H11 which is wrong, H3 looks to small and has no TIP on it and I have the H7 set I just purchased from Auto Zone. I can get the headlamp assembly out easy enough can't find online how to replace the bulb. Thanks.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:41 AM
958 S is an unknown quantity at this point
I can confirm it is H7, I have replaced them myself on my 12 which is the same. Mine is the PDLS bi-xenon, not sure if your is or not but I do not think that matters and should be the same. When you remove the unit and open the access cover you have to twist the bulb to get it to unseat from the socket. I do not remember which way it turns but if you look closely you should be able to tell given the way the bulb is made and how it comes to a stop once fully rotated. It only turns like a quarter of a rotation, approximately. You need to be careful though, the plastic base can be somewhat easy to break if you apply too much force and are turning the wrong way etc.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:43 AM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
H7's work normally as far as rotation. Lefty-loosey, righty-tighty.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:47 AM
Thanks guys!!!

Old 01-25-2017, 09:09 PM
That was an easy 5 minute fix. Thanks for all your help everyone!

Old 12-14-2017, 04:19 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Thanks, just replaced mine

Old 12-27-2017, 03:04 PM
damaja is an unknown quantity at this point
Do the two T20 screws have to come out first? I assume so, but damn if its difficult to get a tool in there to get either of them!

Old 03-16-2018, 01:10 PM
Clinkinfo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by damaja
Do the two T20 screws have to come out first? I assume so, but damn if its difficult to get a tool in there to get either of them!

Sorry to raise an old question, but Did you ever get an answer to this question? I don’t understand what I’m missing, I have the headlight off and I have the side access cover off, I can see what looks like the H7 bulb from the front, so I know I’m on the right socket, but there’s just no way the bulb is spinning counterclockwise, it won’t move at all. Am I supposed to disconnect the black wire harness first? Or unscrew the torx screw? I’m pretty handy normally, I just don’t want to break anything as I can tell there’s lots of brittle plastic in that headlight assembly. I’m doing a 2011 turbo with xenon’s if it matters. Thanks!

Old 03-16-2018, 05:36 PM
Easier than I thought

You just twist the plastic housing that you can reach in and grab, I believe counter clockwise. It will only turn maybe a 1/4 turn before the bulb and housing pop up out of the lower portion .

Changing the bulb, a flathead works to gently pry out the old bulb. You don't need to undo any of the metal flangey bits .

Getting the new bulb plus housing in is the hardest part. But over all not that difficult

Old 03-17-2018, 07:57 AM
You just twist the plastic housing that you can reach in and grab, I believe counter clockwise. It will only turn maybe a 1/4 turn before the bulb and housing pop up out of the lower portion .

Changing the bulb, a flathead works to gently pry out the old bulb. You don't need to undo any of the metal flangey bits .

Getting the new bulb plus housing in is the hardest part. But over all not that difficult

thanks for the reply, I’ll give it antother try later. I was really twisting that plastic housing and it didn’t budge (I could see the plastic base in the headlight starting to twist) , how hard should it be to turn?

Old 03-17-2018, 08:01 AM
There is an upper portion, more square than round, which the wiring runs to this is friction fit into the lower portion. Turn this upper portion. It should not take a lot of force. Send a picture if your still having issues .

Old 03-18-2018, 05:54 PM
There is an upper portion, more square than round, which the wiring runs to this is friction fit into the lower portion. Turn this upper portion. It should not take a lot of force. Send a picture if your still having issues .

OK, Feeling kinda dumb at the moment, but I swear I cannot get the socket to move. I assume I'm in the right location (this is where the manual says anyway)?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.png
Views:	922
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	522534   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic2.png
Views:	1642
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	522535  
Old 03-18-2018, 07:06 PM
I feel like either we have different headlights or you're going at the main bulb, not the cornering light?

I have a 2012 V6 6MT. Here is what I'm seeing:

Access panel for the cornering light
Bulb holder for the cornering bulb (two wire)

Old 03-18-2018, 07:10 PM
I feel like either we have different headlights or you're going at the main bulb, not the cornering light?

I have a 2012 V6 6MT. Here is what I'm seeing:

Access panel for the cornering light
Bulb holder for the cornering bulb (two wire)

Maybe I'm on the wrong socket. In your picture, is the cornering socket the one on the left with 2 wires, or the one on the right with 2 wires?

Old 03-18-2018, 07:13 PM
Ah!! The left!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.