Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New cayenne 2018

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 12:41 PM
jtorrebl is on a distinguished road
New cayenne 2018

Front looks like it's going to look the new panamera. Maybe rear too. Roofline to slope like macan . Saw powered roof spoiler too, cool!

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2018-porsche-cayenne-spied-with-mild-camo-expect-to-see-production-version-soon-115261.html

Old 02-20-2017, 04:32 AM
aoua is on a distinguished road
http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/11/2018-porsche-cayenne-coupe-spied/#slide-4345034

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 07-18-2017 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:50 AM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jtorrebl
Front looks like it's going to look the new panamera. Maybe rear too. Roofline to slope like macan . Saw powered roof spoiler too, cool!

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2018-porsche-cayenne-spied-with-mild-camo-expect-to-see-production-version-soon-115261.html
Really doesn't look much different from the current 958.. except for the greatly raised rear hatch floor. Wonder what's under there..?

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 07-18-2017 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:03 PM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by deilenberger
Really doesn't look much different from the current 958.. except for the greatly raised rear hatch floor. Wonder what's under there..?
Hatch bottom lip does look higher than the current models. It looks to be almost as high as the top of a rear tire. At least a good two inches higher than current models. Hopefully it's not something like the Macan's sunken floor. Given the amount of plastic and sheetmetal involved I wouldn't guess that to be a one-off prototype either.

It also seems like the hood is a either a bit longer, or they flattened/lowered the front. The whole thing seems sort of 'squeezed down' from the current model. But it's hard to say from just those few pictures.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 07-18-2017 at 04:11 PM.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:47 PM
On the latest spy shots this weekend the front is identical to the new base panamera. Also the rear tiny window is smaller . A lot smaller. I hope it doesn't lose cargo spaces and yeah a sunken cargo space like my wife's macan would make it a little tougher to load large items.
also how is an American license plate going to fit?

Old 07-17-2017, 06:05 PM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
Where I notice the difference is in front of the front wheels. The nose seems a bit longer, and there's sensor buttons on the sides. If they've rebodied the Cayenne to fit on the underpinnings of another platform they've managed to do it remarkably well.

But there's a lot of some sort of 'wrap' or other kind of plastic sheeting over a couple of areas, like around the front where the bumper/hood/fenders come together. Such that it's not quite clear where the panel seams are located.

Porsche has made a number of 'very complete looking' prototypes in recent years. So I wouldn't make any expensive bets based just on the C pillar window.

As for the rear license plate area, lots of makers create different rear liftgates for different markets. I'd imagine the same would apply here.

Old 07-18-2017, 04:13 AM
mikeva will become famous soon enoughmikeva will become famous soon enough
I know these photos do not give a complete "picture" of the car ... but based on what I have seen so far I think my 2017 is looking better and better....

Old 07-18-2017, 02:59 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
If you search on the web for "2018 Macan Refresh" - you'll find the same photos claiming to be the refreshed Macan for 2018. Given the similarity of the looks to the Macan, I suspect that's what we're actually seeing.

Old 07-21-2017, 01:21 AM
Originally Posted by wkearney99
Where I notice the difference is in front of the front wheels. The nose seems a bit longer, and there's sensor buttons on the sides. If they've rebodied the Cayenne to fit on the underpinnings of another platform they've managed to do it remarkably well.

But there's a lot of some sort of 'wrap' or other kind of plastic sheeting over a couple of areas, like around the front where the bumper/hood/fenders come together. Such that it's not quite clear where the panel seams are located.

Porsche has made a number of 'very complete looking' prototypes in recent years. So I wouldn't make any expensive bets based just on the C pillar window.

As for the rear license plate area, lots of makers create different rear liftgates for different markets. I'd imagine the same would apply here.
the rear side window is clearly uncovered in these latest high res images. its been noted in various blogs that its definitely smaller.
Regarding the rear plate, i meant the design looks so good to house a short plate and one the american plate rear hatch is put on it will kill the nice design that is already at the bottom of that rear hatch. too bad

Old 07-21-2017, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by mikeva
I know these photos do not give a complete "picture" of the car ... but based on what I have seen so far I think my 2017 is looking better and better....
the 2018 will look very good. the rear will pretty much be a panamera truismo knock off. other than that not really different at all. the interior dash and info screen will be amazing. there were spy shots months ago and it was pretty much like the panamera.... huge screen.
The base cayenne that is pictured has exactly the same lower bumper design as the panamera base model and the new boxster. probably safe to say the GTS and Turbo will have the sexy front bumper of the panamera turbo, which i love.

here's the interior
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2018-porsche-cayenne-interior-revealed-gets-larger-infotainment-screen-107712.html?utm_source=ae_self&utm_medium=ae_moreo n&utm_campaign=ae_moreon_news_static#agal_12

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 07-21-2017 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by deilenberger
If you search on the web for "2018 Macan Refresh" - you'll find the same photos claiming to be the refreshed Macan for 2018. Given the similarity of the looks to the Macan, I suspect that's what we're actually seeing.
some websites just fish images and post them as a cayenne and its total junk. auto evolution.com has actual images of the macan refersh and it has its updated from uncovered completely. but the whole rear end taped up like the macan. theres going to be a whole strip in the back amongst the entire line of porsche.

I've been researching this closely since my 16 cayenne GTS will be up for end of lease within the year, and my wife has a macan s that we want to upgrade to a GTS but are waiting for the refresh , since its getting an interior upgrade as well.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:31 AM
willydgreat is an unknown quantity at this point
I also agree with @mikeva. I will choose 2017 model over it. I am planning to get the deal for 2017 Porsche Cayenne AWD. But still fixing my mind to get it. Maybe, I will wait a little longer.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by willydgreat
I also agree with @mikeva. I will choose 2017 model over it. I am planning to get the deal for 2017 Porsche Cayenne AWD. But still fixing my mind to get it. Maybe, I will wait a little longer.
wait for the th new tech. It will be lighter thus faster. Better interior electronics. Probably pdk transmission since the rear tires are wider than the front like in the current macan.
It will have the newer porsche design language.
I'd wait and I have a well loaded 2016 GTS cayenne.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by mikeva
They don't look that different at all. That's right. But the engines, transmission (likely pdk), interior electronics will always make you want to update.
My wife's pdk in her macan makes my 2016 cayenne GTS feel old school.

Old 08-06-2017, 04:16 AM
willydgreat is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jtorrebl
wait for the th new tech. It will be lighter thus faster. Better interior electronics. Probably pdk transmission since the rear tires are wider than the front like in the current macan.
It will have the newer porsche design language.
I'd wait and I have a well loaded 2016 GTS cayenne.
I agree with you here. 2018 Cayenne would be interesting. I wonder if the deal for it would be cool too. If you guys have already known the current lease deal for the 2018, maybe you can share it here. My dealer DSR Leasing has not yet released the deal. Much better if we could discuss it in advance here. I am more interested on its advantages compared to the old model.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.