Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

13' Cayenne S (Upgrade Sound System)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 06:21 AM
F207P is an unknown quantity at this point
13' Cayenne S (Upgrade Sound System)

Good morning people! I'm in Brazil, and I'm studying the possibilities to modify my original sound system! I am part of an automotive sound forum here, without any information about my car (Porsche Cayenne S 2013), whose OEM system, for what I researched, is a PCM 3.1 as a head unit, with Bose amplifier (apparently 9 Channels, which I do not know how they are distributed), and 585W. Good ... I come from a system with the following compinent ones, which were installed in a Range Rover Sport 2012:

DVD Alpine INA-W910
IPad Air 64GB
Alpine PXA-H800 Processor
Audison LRx 5.1K (02 units)
Hertz HSK165XL Kit with Midrange HL70
Subwoofers RE SEX10D2 (04 units)

When I listen to the original Porsche set, I really liked the internal sound quality, but I need more definition, more suitable cuts, greater subwoofer, plus amenities like the PXA, digital signal via ai-net. DVD playback. Questions:
1. In terms of response and purest signal, should you keep PCM 3.1 with PXA-H800 or exchange it with INA-W910 (adding front and rear camera signals)?
2. Is there optical digital signal in PCM 3.1?
3. Can I keep the Bose amplifier to the internal sound and add another amplifier to the subwoofers?

I apologize for the long thread !!!
Here is the link from the topic of my old project, with photos:

https://autoforum.com.br/topic/189901-new-car-lr-rrover-sport-se-fase-iii-audiofilia-x-gosto-pessoal/

Set proposed:

DVD Alpine INA-W910 or PCM 3.1 with Interface
Processor Alpine PXA-H800
BOSE Amplifier OEM or Audison LRx 5.1 Stereo Channels
OEM Speakers
Audison LRx 1.2k
Subwoofers RE SEX10D2 (on step)

Thanks

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-05-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:37 AM
TJtheDJ will become famous soon enough
Good luck. I hate my stock radio in my 2011. It needs subs badly and an Apple car screen interface.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:52 PM
moreturbo is on a distinguished road
how is this going? I'm over on rennlist looking to just upgrade the subwoofer on a 958 TT. I think the headunit is fine, I can play anything from my phone through bluetooth so I'm using that for pandora, etc, and have a second phone dedicated just to the USB port.

but the bass is lacking from the bose system. Wondering if I can just add a better amplifier because in my experience many stock speakers are fine they just need a better amplifier.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.