Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Vehicle info missing from dash display.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:53 PM
TJtheDJ will become famous soon enough
Vehicle info missing from dash display.

Hey all,

This has been bothering me lately it seems when I cycle through the display all I have are dashes where this information should be displayed. Any idea why it would be missing? Here is WHAT it should like. I will go take a photo of what I am showing in the display in a little bit.

Old 03-24-2017, 03:06 PM
And I answered my own question and found the answer. Wow the options on this car still amaze me Ha Ha.

Old 03-24-2017, 04:41 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
And you're going to keep us in suspense not telling us what you did?

Old 03-25-2017, 09:44 AM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
Buried in the same MFD menus is a set of options for what screens to show. iirc, you can dis/enable various ones to take them out of the loop when using the right scroll wheel.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:46 AM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
One other 'new user' feature to consider is the automatic settings saving. Turn it off once you're happy with how things are configured. Otherwise any time anyone else drives the vehicle any changed settings will override them. As in, valet parking or someone else using your key.

Old 03-25-2017, 12:56 PM
quickster2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Make sure once you have the settings set as you want if your vehicle is like mine set the security system (lock with FOB) on both FOBs. Once I used my spare FOB in new to me vehicle originally most of the menus came up in Chinese. Other than the inconvenience.....it was a good school of hard knocks lesson in learning all of the menus. If you let someone else drive your car or a valet make sure you set the off button in the door to off as well.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:29 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wkearney99
Buried in the same MFD menus is a set of options for what screens to show. iirc, you can dis/enable various ones to take them out of the loop when using the right scroll wheel.
I figured that was his issue - but thought I'd see if TJtheDJ was going to be a contributing member (who posts the solution to his problem so the thread has a closing that's useful to others) or a mooch (dumps a question, gets an answer and never heard from again.)

Still on the fence here.

BTW - we need a mooch emoticon..

Old 03-26-2017, 08:48 PM
Sorry worked all weekend. I found it buried in the options and configured on a line to line basis. I think I have proven my contributions in the short time I have been a member enough, maybe not.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.