Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Interested in faster shifting in your Cayenne? Show your support here...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 09:23 PM
hahnmgh63 is on a distinguished road
I'm in also. I have the MTM TCU chip in my Audi RS6 and it isn't night and day but it does make an appreciable difference. More so in Sport mode though.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:32 PM
TWalk is on a distinguished road
I'm also interested, long as its cost effective and has no ill effects on the tranny.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:46 PM
LV_V is an unknown quantity at this point
Any progress on this for the 957 Turbo?

Old 02-12-2015, 01:17 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Speaking of progress on this, has anyone heard from Kent? Doesn't look like he's even logged in here in close to a month. Hope everything is OK and he's just been really busy!!

Old 02-15-2015, 03:48 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jdubbya
Speaking of progress on this, has anyone heard from Kent? Doesn't look like he's even logged in here in close to a month. Hope everything is OK and he's just been really busy!!
Sorry guys, just came back from hiatus and trying to catch up! I have lot of positive things going on personally that are demanding my attention. It has been all-hands on deck trying to line up everything for this year.

Doing my best now to catch up, but always feel free to shoot me a PM or direct email.

Old 02-15-2015, 03:50 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LV_V
Any progress on this for the 957 Turbo?
Pinged Scott on this last week and he was buried in work, so I promised to check in this week. Followed up on Friday 2/13, but he was out of the office.

Going to followup again on Monday to see if he got started on the 957 TCU yet.

Old 02-17-2015, 04:13 PM
Update:

I talked to Scott yesterday and he is going to try to make some progress on the 957 TCU this week.

Lets hope we have some progress by this time next week.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:00 PM
hahnmgh63 is on a distinguished road
Shouldn't really be much if any difference between the 957 TCU and the 955 TCU as they use the same transmission?

Old 02-23-2015, 11:53 AM
Update:

Talked to Scott today and he did begin looking at the TCU. Nothing major to report at this time. More updates to follow shortly.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:05 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
so how does one show support for the faster shifting on their CTT?
I am sure we are all in.
What will it involve to 'show' that support.

Great many thanks for any of you who are doing the actual development on this!!

Old 04-16-2015, 11:22 AM
B3nz0 is on a distinguished road
Any updates on this?

Old 05-08-2015, 08:40 AM
Update:

Sorry for the delay. Scott has been very busy over the winter break. However, he has made a recent breakthrough on this front. He has been able to retrieve the binary code from the TCU and is now in the process of testing and validating the changes on the bench. Once this is done, you will be able to send in your TCU for modification and it will be returned with the improved programming.

Will update this thread again when the first revised TCU box is installed.

EDIT: Thread moved to the new Cayenne Turbo sub-forum since this is heavily performance oriented.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:55 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Cool, thanks for following up. Does he have any idea on price yet?

Old 05-08-2015, 12:25 PM
JLMarx is on a distinguished road
I'd be interested about pricing too (though perhaps it's too early to know). Just bought a used 09 GTS and the transmission was almost enough to dissuade me from buying. Came from an M3 with DCT so faster shifting + paddle shift conversion would be killer!

Old 05-09-2015, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by jdubbya
Cool, thanks for following up. Does he have any idea on price yet?
Valid question... I will ask him next time we speak for a ballpark number.

Originally Posted by JLMarx
Just bought a used 09 GTS and the transmission was almost enough to dissuade me from buying. Came from an M3 with DCT so faster shifting + paddle shift conversion would be killer!
I agree that a DCT option in the Cayenne would be awesome, but just to be clear, I am not sure this is completely fair to the platform. Here are the main reasons why the new 2015 Cayenne's do not have PDK:
  • Automatic transmissions are still much better at low-range traversal and power modulation offroad. This is much more important when you consider the high gear reduction of the transfer case.

• Cayennes have to be able to reliably tow about 4 tons, in addition to about 2.5 tons of base vehicle weight. That is a net of 6.5 tons or about 13,000 lbs! If the current PDK was used, it would simply overheat and slip.

• Smoothness of shift delivery is what MOST people want in their Cayenne. I, personally, place this very low on my priority. However, most people are not going for max performance in their SUV. Even though DCTs have come a long away on smoothness of shifts, an automatic transmission is still much better (which may change with time).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Interested in faster shifting in your Cayenne? Show your support here...