Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Winter wheels 2006 Turbo S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 11:06 AM
mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !
Winter wheels 2006 Turbo S

I am trying to find out if 19" Sport Design wheel 9" wide with 60 offset will clear the front brakes on a 2006 Turbo S? Looking at these for winter wheels. Anyone using 19" sport design on their 2006 CTTS?

Last edited by mtnrat; 04-04-2015 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:32 PM
dugahole55 is a glorious beacon of lightdugahole55 is a glorious beacon of lightdugahole55 is a glorious beacon of lightdugahole55 is a glorious beacon of lightdugahole55 is a glorious beacon of light
Winter Wheels 19"

Yes they will work for you, I have them on my 06 turbo S

Attached Images  
Old 04-13-2015, 09:39 PM
mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !
Thanks. I had already checked with the Calgary porsche dealer parts guy and he confirmed that they are the correct wheels. Already have 4 coming that I bought off ebay. Then the research for tires begin. Leaning toward Hakappelitta SUV 7 studded or SUV 8 studded as the roads here are covered pretty much from Nov to April. And this is what my driveway can look like. lol

Attached Images  

Last edited by mtnrat; 04-13-2015 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:50 PM
dugahole55, have you done your coolant pipes yet? I just did mine and also changed the coolant Ts out for some metal ones I had machined up for $25 US each.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ts.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	466.6 KB
ID:	418293  

Last edited by mtnrat; 04-13-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:54 AM
dugahole55 is a glorious beacon of lightdugahole55 is a glorious beacon of lightdugahole55 is a glorious beacon of lightdugahole55 is a glorious beacon of lightdugahole55 is a glorious beacon of light
doing coolant pipes this spring, I have my CTTS in storage for another month. I think ECS sent me the back pipe replacement for the turbos as part of the kit. Would the SS fittings be better? Did you do your pipes DIY or did you get dealer or shop to replace. I'm thinking its not to bad of a project to tackle so going that route. Lots of snow! I put my winters on in Sept to go out to Okanagan, thats where I store it, and left the morning of the early blizzard. The vehicle handled the snow and slush with not problem.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:30 AM
I did them myself using the instructions from ECS. Not that difficult really. Just went slowly and carefully. I read all the coolant pipe and T threads here, on rennlist and renntech. One of the best tips was to wet dry sand paper the bores that the coolant pipes go into so the o rings do not get damaged. I did them to 220 and the to 320. They went in smoothly using leverage. The reason I put in the metal fittings is that I had an 05 CTT and the larger T broke, sending coolant all over the back of the engine and bell housing. Five months later my torque converter seal started leaking. Some think there is a link. There are actually two Ts. ECS only sends the larger one which is the one that usually breaks. The factory part has band clamps holding the hoses, so I very carefully used a dremel to cut them off and used small hose clamps in their place. From what I see the Ts will break, just like the coolant pipes, and I don't know if the replacement T is an improved part or not. I just wanted to do it and not think about it again. There is also an air line at the back of the engine that has a 3/8" nylon T in it. Mine was very brittle and broke when I moved it, so I changed that too. Sounds like your CTTS has never had a coolant leak like mine, so it's the perfect time to replace the failure prone bits and not have to worry. Here is where I ordered my Ts. http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Cooling-S...rts_Order.html

Old 04-20-2015, 02:35 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Moving this thread to the new Cayenne Turbo section with a permanent redirect...