Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Does the Cayenne have a chance at holding resale value?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 04:14 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
Sooo true!!! Paying full price for one of these would just be idiotic!
Directed to me?????

Old 12-04-2016, 12:30 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Ajs76
Hey guys,

Just had a kid and looking at a SUV now. I obviously need a 500hp kid hauler so i started perusing the classifieds. It looks like the current cayenne took the expected massive depreciation hit in the first few years like any luxury car, but my question is do you all think that there is going to be any firm "price floor" on this thing. I.e my 996TT cost me 46k 4 years ago and is still worth like 42k. Its obviously older but think 4 year old m3s, or 6 year old 997tts. They start to settle at a certain price because of demand.

The value on the prior gen cayenne so got destroyed, but i thoght that was due to relibility and shared parts with vw.

Is the latest one doomed to the same fate or is there always going to be special place for a mega hp SUV with porsche branding? Total speculation here
Originally Posted by docwyte
I bought my '06 CTTS for under $20k. Sticker on it was $120k, so it depreciated $100k in 9 years.

In general cars aren't investments and that's absolutely the case for these.

I paid just over $20k for my '05 with only 75K miles on it. Sticker on mine was ~$120K. Probably only worth about half what I paid for it less than 3 years later.

I don't see much of a bottom for these things. I've seen several decent 955 turbos for between $10-$15K. That's cheap for a lot of power. 957's and 958's seem to be following suit so far.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:36 AM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
I just see there being too much competition for these cars to find much of a floor. And that competition is on the increase, with new offerings from Jaguar, Maserati and others. If they are great cars, I guess the solution is just to drive it and enjoy it, knowing that the cost of ownership is pretty high if you buy it new or almost new.