Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

My New 2016 Cayenne Turbo S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 09:37 PM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jaatlee
Enzom, If you are done with your break in miles when you get a chance do you mind making a 2nd gear pull from 2000rpm to redline? I am looking for the following information, peak boost pressure reached, rpm where the boost pressure starts to drop off, and what the boost pressure is at redline. Thanks, Jeff
Sure. Will have one of my kids video the dash so I can watch the road.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:32 AM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
So last night, I floored the truck several times in 2nd gear from 2500 RPM. Hit 15 psi of boost at 4k, kept it at 15 psi until 5k, and then it dropped off until it hit 10 psi at redline.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:48 PM
sitecap is on a distinguished road
Going to do the same thing

I've started the process of trading in my 2014 991 Turbo S and 2012 Cayenne Turbo for the 2016 Cayenne Turbo S. I can't figure out if I'm crazy and going to regret it later. I think I'm just at a point where I want to consolidate to the more practical vehicle - Cayenne. Wife and daughter love the Cayenne - but never join me in the 911. Also, I take good care of my cars and spending twice the time is beginning to feel tedious.

Enzom - can you say more about your experience? Also, how did you build out your car - I am also thinking about Meteor Grey? Thanks.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by sitecap
I've started the process of trading in my 2014 991 Turbo S and 2012 Cayenne Turbo for the 2016 Cayenne Turbo S. I can't figure out if I'm crazy and going to regret it later. I think I'm just at a point where I want to consolidate to the more practical vehicle - Cayenne. Wife and daughter love the Cayenne - but never join me in the 911. Also, I take good care of my cars and spending twice the time is beginning to feel tedious.

Enzom - can you say more about your experience? Also, how did you build out your car - I am also thinking about Meteor Grey? Thanks.
I know exactly how you feel. I live in Northern NJ and work in midtown manhattan. I drive to work. It isn't a long drive (35 minutes today with moderate traffic). But I found that sitting in the 991, I couldn't see a thing except the bumper in front of me. I couldn't easily change lanes to go around people, and I just didn't enjoy the experience. My older kids struggle to fit in the back, and when they need me to pick up a friend, they would complain about being crammed. So I found myself rarely driving the 991.

That left the Range Rover Sport Supercharged as my vehicle for 95% of the year. And I grew to hate driving it, mostly because of the steering and handling.

I wrestled with keeping the 991 and getting an X5M to replace the Range, but I need my truck to get through unplowed streets and driveways in the winter on winter tires - which the X5M won't do well because it can't be raised and has a low front lip.

I also test drove and debated keeping the Range and swapping the 991 Turbo for a Panamera Turbo S. The idea being that the kids could fit and I would sit a bit higher and perhaps drive the Porsche on a fairly regular basis.

Ultimately - I looked at my local dealer inventory and saw that they had a Cayenne Turbo S coming in meteor grey over red (had the red interior in my 991 and loved it). So I asked them to let me know when it came in. Drove it the day they put it in the lot and committed to take it that day.

The truck is perfect for me. Combines the best of my prior vehicles. It has amazing handling and fits more than you would think. And I get to drive a Porsche every single day.

As I did not order the car to my specifications, it isn't loaded. But it has options that I would have ordered anyway. It has:
- heated steering wheel in carbon fiber,
- Premium Package Plus (front and rear parking, rear camera, seat ventilation, keyless start),
- Lane Change Assist
- Rear sunshades
- 21 inch Sport edition wheels in platinum satin
- roof rails in black/exterior package in black
- smoking package.

Had I ordered it myself, I would have added the Burmester and the sport exhaust. But I can honestly say that the Bose system in this truck sounds excellent. And I am going to install a Meisterschaft exhaust when they come out.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:30 AM
jaatlee is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the boost info Enzom, it is very much appreciated!

Assuming that they have not changed the design from the previous years I would add secondary cat bypass pipes before anything else mod wise, as they provide the best bang for the buck! (And boost your fuel economy too!)

Old 07-29-2015, 04:35 AM
Originally Posted by jaatlee
Thanks for the boost info Enzom, it is very much appreciated! Assuming that they have not changed the design from the previous years I would add secondary cat bypass pipes before anything else mod wise, as they provide the best bang for the buck! (And boost your fuel economy too!)
Does that cause the cabin to drone? I miss my 991 Turbo Europipe exhaust. Would pay twice the cost of the 991 system if they made one for the Cayenne. Waiting for Meisterschaft to release its exhaust. Maybe August, I am told.