Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Will I regret getting GTS over CTT?

Old 03-02-2016, 11:56 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
I've had both the 957 GTS and the 958 GTS with the NA V8.

When I got the 957 GTS, I loved the Turbo body with the NA motor but ended up wanting the power after the sportiness wore off.

I went to the 958 GTS thinking, wow this drives almost as nice as the Turbo but more athletic. And I was considering new MSRP to new MSRP and thought the GTS was a bargain. After a couple weeks in the GTS the differences between the two trucks really started to show. A test drive isn't enough to really highlight the differences between the two Cayennes IMO.

My needs might be different from yours and I use the CTT for my long commute (110miles round trip) so a combination of comfort, power and sportiness has to be well balanced.

Either way, you're going to have an awesome Cayenne and this is a great decision to have.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:00 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Fkim011
I've had both the 957 GTS and the 958 GTS with the NA V8.

When I got the 957 GTS, I loved the Turbo body with the NA motor but ended up wanting the power after the sportiness wore off.

I went to the 958 GTS thinking, wow this drives almost as nice as the Turbo but more athletic. And I was considering new MSRP to new MSRP and thought the GTS was a bargain. After a couple weeks in the GTS the differences between the two trucks really started to show. A test drive isn't enough to really highlight the differences between the two Cayennes IMO.

My needs might be different from yours and I use the CTT for my long commute (110miles round trip) so a combination of comfort, power and sportiness has to be well balanced.

Either way, you're going to have an awesome Cayenne and this is a great decision to have.
Interesting. Almost across the board those who have had or went through both pick the Turbo over GTS every time...good input as I agree its almost always hard to 'judge' a car by a 10 minute test drive for my specific daily situations. Itd be great if I can rent each one for a week and decide from there lol. But considering that on preowned market they start equalizing in price very fast - I will try to focus my search on the turbo ('15 turbo for '16 gts prices now).

The gts is attractive because of sport design package thats stock and the lower right height. But I guess both can be corrected by aftermarket goodies.

Last edited by socialpro; 03-02-2016 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-12-2016, 01:09 PM
executive is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by socialpro
Test drove 2016 cayenne gts and great overall package. Basically 2016 gts' can be had for price of 2015 ctt (both new body style).

I like gts for few factors over the ctt - better depreciation curve, aero package, lower ride height. And it can be tuned to ~100hp more.

The newer gts with the v6 definitely rides more luxury/sedate then the previous V8 GTS and doesnt feel like its always on edge. The newer GTS sort of felt like a turbo 'light'.

I do enjoy a nice motor - but most of the time do not have a heavy foot driving around town , and I have a fast toy to play with on the weekend.

Thoughts? Input? I also considered new X5m but that thing loses 50% of value in 2 years and thats not something I want to go through.

Around 100hp gain from a tune on a GTS? Where did you get that info from?

Old 03-12-2016, 01:25 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Originally Posted by executive
Around 100hp gain from a tune on a GTS? Where did you get that info from?
I haven't done an extensive search into this yet, but I did contact vivid racing regarding GTS tuning and they sent me to this.

https://www.vividracing.com/catalog/...4h87em7aaq4qs0

Since macan turbo and gts share same engine now - I'm guessing close to similar power gains?

Haven't yet came across anybody with this tune on their GTS yet, would be great to hear of actual feedback.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:40 AM
Ordered Analogue is on a distinguished road
It depends on what you want, a comfortable daily driver that can out run most of the sports cars on the road, go for the turbo.

I have both the 958.1 and 958.2 GTS'. The 958.1 is a raw vehicle, absolutely no lag, and drives like a damn sports car. Its a fun vehicle, I daily drive it and everytime I drive it, I have a smile on my face. But saying that, its no where near as comfortable as the 958.2 GTS or even the Turbo.

The 958.2 GTS is a great, comfortable vehicle, it is quick no doubt about it, but has no soul, I'm in the process of selling it off and getting a Turbo S to replace it..

The GTS is Porsche's most driver oriented Cayenne, it is not as comfortable as a Turbo. So remember that when making your choice.

My 958.1 is not going anywhere, the last of the NA V8's.. The 958.2 lost its soul by going to a V6. Atleast with the Turbo/S you have a much more comfortable ride, and a monster under the hood, my personal opinion, don't bother with the V6 GTS, its a disappointment.

Old 03-14-2016, 06:28 AM
P997S will become famous soon enoughP997S will become famous soon enough
i absolutely love my 2016 gts..coming from a 997.2 S cab...All it needs is another 75-100 hp which a tune should easily provide on these turbos..Never drove any of the past Cayennes so I cant comment on the comparison..But this is my 4th Porsche and I am very happy with my choice!

Old 03-14-2016, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by P997S
i absolutely love my 2016 gts..coming from a 997.2 S cab...All it needs is another 75-100 hp which a tune should easily provide on these turbos..Never drove any of the past Cayennes so I cant comment on the comparison..But this is my 4th Porsche and I am very happy with my choice!
Yes thought about going the gts + tune route - do you feel like the stock power is adequate for day to day or feels underpowered ever?

Does the car have any personality left in there (after going to V6 from V8 and without modding) because a lot of people regard it as 'vanilla' on these forums...

Old 03-14-2016, 12:32 PM
Ordered Analogue is on a distinguished road
Doesn't feel underpowered, it builds boost quick and holds it well.

I've shared my view on its personality, its a great vehicle overall. If I never owned the V8, I would have no issues with the V6 at all. But owning the V8 has spoiled me so to say, go the turbo route and you won't look back, that I can promise you..

Heres the V6

Old 03-16-2016, 05:50 PM
4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice
NA GTS vs. 2 Turbo's, no comparison IMO. Make sure you get PTV, PDCC , Sport and 21" wheels. Then remove the secondary cats, select sport, and enjoy the ride!.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:31 PM
executive is on a distinguished road
I haven't done an extensive search into this yet, but I did contact vivid racing regarding GTS tuning and they sent me to this.

https://www.vividracing.com/catalog/...4h87em7aaq4qs0

Since macan turbo and gts share same engine now - I'm guessing close to similar power gains?

Haven't yet came across anybody with this tune on their GTS yet, would be great to hear of actual feedback.

Let me say this. That VR tuning box from vivid will not gain you even close to 100hp. Do not believe what they say for piggy back garbage. I installed one and felt basically ZERO gains so I returned it. If you dont get a "real" tune then dont bother.

Old 03-20-2016, 06:40 PM
VTGT is on a distinguished road
Test drove 2016 cayenne gts and great overall package. Basically 2016 gts' can be had for price of 2015 ctt (both new body style).

I like gts for few factors over the ctt - better depreciation curve, aero package, lower ride height. And it can be tuned to ~100hp more.

The newer gts with the v6 definitely rides more luxury/sedate then the previous V8 GTS and doesnt feel like its always on edge. The newer GTS sort of felt like a turbo 'light'.

I do enjoy a nice motor - but most of the time do not have a heavy foot driving around town , and I have a fast toy to play with on the weekend.

Thoughts? Input? I also considered new X5m but that thing loses 50% of value in 2 years and thats not something I want to go through.
You know analogue and myself have the same views. Something about a raw NA v8 in the 957 and 958.1 with nice styling and handling effects of the GTS. I find t more engaging and fun to drive within legal speeds compared to the turbo. Instant throttle response all the time, and incredible exhaust note. Yes Once the turbos spool up you will be annihilated so it's a different fun I guess. Almost too effortless in some respect. If I do not go to a 958.1 GTS on my next one I'll go turbo S, but I'd be keeping the 957

I guess we are in the minority here. This sounds even crazier but I thought if I ever need a motor out service I might just build the 4.8, bore out to 5.0-5.1 and do a full header back exhaust, get up to near 500+ Would be a naughty little truck with stupid throttle response. Would still be the same story, slower than modded turbo by would be a different experience right

Last edited by VTGT; 03-20-2016 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:33 AM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
I prefer the turbo. There is nothing like the rush of the boost when it kicks in!

Old 04-21-2016, 01:14 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by executive
Let me say this. That VR tuning box from vivid will not gain you even close to 100hp. Do not believe what they say for piggy back garbage. I installed one and felt basically ZERO gains so I returned it. If you dont get a "real" tune then dont bother.
2nd...

Old 04-22-2016, 09:29 PM
vetkiller is on a distinguished road
my .02 cents, if you haven't driven either one... I think you'll be happy with what you get. However I love my Turbo and I wouldn't change my decision. If you drive both of them side by side I think you will definitely choose the turbo based off of power, feel and performance (and ease of upgrading performance as long as you don't mind the $). But I'm sure the GTS is awesome and I love the look of them. I am trying to black out my Turbo now to copy the GTS.

Old 04-23-2016, 01:59 PM
VTGT is on a distinguished road
Cannot go wrong Honestly they are just two different experiences if your talking the NA v8 vs TT v8. For me I wouldn't sell my GTS for anything but if I were to add one I would go with a turbo S. Assuming it's speced out sporty as a GTS it might be close but with all the turbo s go fast goodies :-)

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Will I regret getting GTS over CTT?