Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

12 Cayenne turbo, Not sure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 11:49 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
12 Cayenne turbo, Not sure

Hey everyone,

Looking to buy a 12 Cayenne Turbo. I need a little help here as I don't know the options on this car.

Car sold for $113,000 which tells me that their were not many options added.

-Hitch (i track my 997TT so good.)
-Jet Black Metallic
-Roof trans
-Door sill Guard Stain/ illuminated.
-20"Spyder wheels (i'd change)
-Leather interior in black.

Outside of this on a standard turbo model, what options would you not live with out?

Secondary, I'm not entirely impressed with the turbo end of the car. (Although strong, not near as nice as my 997tt.) I thought driving a 955 Cayenne S kept the need to drive my 997 lol!

If you tune it, whom do you use?

What bolt on's do you do while keeping reliability in mind? Downpipes, intercoolers etc. I want to maintain this cars comfort but, as always, slight more power would be great!

Thanks everyone!

Old 10-17-2016, 01:25 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
I would see what kind of seats it has. Two options available and I personally like the added support from the sports seats. Burmester, PTV, PDCC, ACC (which has the pre collision warming and brake boost).... I see most decently equipped range from 120-125K.

The best tune and most reliable right now is from GIAC.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:43 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Thanks Fkim011,

I agree with the seat notation. I bought a 12' Turbo and love the supportive seats it has. In this regard, seats put my 08 977 turbo to shame.

I also have,

+4 led daylight option. Not sure if this was an option this year but, I don't see many (+11) with them on.
+ Tow package
+Jet Black Metallic
+Roof trans
+Door sill Guard Stain/ illuminated.
+20"Spyder wheels
+Leather interior in black.
- doesn't have the Brumester stereo.
- no ceramics
- no Auto Cruise Control. (Why would I use this in a turbo?)

Happy with my purchase.

I haven't had enough wheel time but, Car screams to 60 mph. Make me Leary whether I want my wife driving it.

I have Cobb on my 997T and I can change the tune within seconds. Does GIAC have Valet mode for the wife?

Thanks again for your input!

Old 10-17-2016, 10:54 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by elite1
Thanks Fkim011,

I agree with the seat notation. I bought a 12' Turbo and love the supportive seats it has. In this regard, seats put my 08 977 turbo to shame.

I also have,

+4 led daylight option. Not sure if this was an option this year but, I don't see many (+11) with them on.
+ Tow package
+Jet Black Metallic
+Roof trans
+Door sill Guard Stain/ illuminated.
+20"Spyder wheels
+Leather interior in black.
- doesn't have the Brumester stereo.
- no ceramics
- no Auto Cruise Control. (Why would I use this in a turbo?)

Happy with my purchase.

I haven't had enough wheel time but, Car screams to 60 mph. Make me Leary whether I want my wife driving it.

I have Cobb on my 997T and I can change the tune within seconds. Does GIAC have Valet mode for the wife?

Thanks again for your input!
Congrats on your purchase!

1. The 4 led daytime running light feature is standard on all turbos. I believe you can turn this off and on in the vehicle settings on the right tach gauge screen.

2. The ACC is not about the cruise control for most. It has an active safety feature that you just leave on. I believe Porsche calls it its PAS system and you can only get it when you get ACC. It preloads the brake if it senses a car cutting you off or you're approaching a car too quickly along with an audible tone to stop.

I never ended up getting the tune but GIAC was on the top of my list after talking to previous owners. My 13' was bought new and it is my daily commuter with 81k on the clock. I absolutely love the Turbo!

Old 10-17-2016, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by Fkim011
Congrats on your purchase!

1. The 4 led daytime running light feature is standard on all turbos. I believe you can turn this off and on in the vehicle settings on the right tach gauge screen.

2. The ACC is not about the cruise control for most. It has an active safety feature that you just leave on. I believe Porsche calls it its PAS system and you can only get it when you get ACC. It preloads the brake if it senses a car cutting you off or you're approaching a car too quickly along with an audible tone to stop.

I never ended up getting the tune but GIAC was on the top of my list after talking to previous owners. My 13' was bought new and it is my daily commuter with 81k on the clock. I absolutely love the Turbo!

Thanks,

Great history on your TT! Glad to hear that you still love your car after a few years! I don't think I have the ACC option but, I will try to mimic that "cutoff" function this weekend and see if i hear a unusual noise.

I know Evoms, vivid, and Giac make a flash for this model.

I also would like to bypass the secondary cats at some point. I would like a little more noise out of the setup at open throttle. "

Old 10-18-2016, 11:02 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
I don't think I have the ACC option but, I will try to mimic that "cutoff" function this weekend and see if i hear a unusual noise.
That sounds risky.

Just look at your grille - if you don't see a honking big eyeball looking out of it top center - you don't have ACC and you don't have the brake warning/preload system. The eyeball is quite obvious. I can spot it on oncoming Cayennes..

Old 10-20-2016, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by deilenberger
That sounds risky.

Just look at your grille - if you don't see a honking big eyeball looking out of it top center - you don't have ACC and you don't have the brake warning/preload system. The eyeball is quite obvious. I can spot it on oncoming Cayennes..
Just kidding on the risk part.

The funny part about the grill ball is, my salesman told me it was a cover for the tow hook.

Btw, I bought the car that didn't have the tow hook cover

Doesn't that option have the variable cruize control?

Old 10-20-2016, 10:43 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Doesn't that option have the variable cruize control?
Yes - it has the speed/distance cruise.. which is a very nice feature. It takes a bit to let it bring you to a stop the first time, but after that - you'll never want to do without it in stop/go traffic.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:05 AM
Delenberger, Ha, really, stop and go traffic?

Sounds nice but not reality. Do you ride in the back seat sleeping? Sounds like a nice option for Porsche and me!

Old 10-21-2016, 09:43 PM
RAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud of
If I had the chance, I'd get a 958 GTS with the V8 and all the options that the turbo has.

PDCC
PTV
leather dash
PAS
Burmeister

I love the turbo for what it has. The motor is kinda muted for my taste. I just installed a Tubi exhaust and just removed it because it's not what I want in a sound. I guess I'm just not a turbo guy. I don't need all the power of the turbo and I would have been happier with a 420 Hp NA V8 with all the options of my turbo and that great V8 sound.

Old 10-21-2016, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
If I had the chance, I'd get a 958 GTS with the V8 and all the options that the turbo has.

PDCC
PTV
leather dash
PAS
Burmeister

I love the turbo for what it has. The motor is kinda muted for my taste. I just installed a Tubi exhaust and just removed it because it's not what I want in a sound. I guess I'm just not a turbo guy. I don't need all the power of the turbo and I would have been happier with a 420 Hp NA V8 with all the options of my turbo and that great V8 sound.
Agreed, the GTS sounds great! I looked at a 14" GTS but, at my altitude, the turbo really shines. I'm looking at some secondary bypass pipes to help with the mild tone that the Cayenne projects.

I like the sportiness sound and don't want the car to sound to loud as i use it as a daily driver. When i have the need for more volume, I hope in my track/weekend 997 turbo with 3" straight speedtech on it. It's insanely loud in first gear with wide open throttle.

Either way, your not going to get that American V8 deep tone with a turbo setup.