Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

08-09 Turbo- How bad can they be!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 12:11 PM
hockey21 will become famous soon enough
08-09 Turbo- How bad can they be!?

Guys, my family loves porsche - my father has a panamera its and 997TT.

I have a f80 m3, and love it, but i am due for something else.

Looking online i see some cool Cayenne Turbo/ Turbo S for 15-18,000. One to two owner, 110-115,000 miles. Could be a cool winter driver or car to take to the airport for work.

That being said, EVERYONE i know who knows cars tells me to run. Say they cost that + more to maintain.

I do not know of any good indy porsche guys here in CT, but do you know of any?

How bad can these cars really be to maintain?

Old 12-08-2016, 01:33 PM
vetkiller is on a distinguished road
Just like any vehicle the more mileage the more maintenance or preventive maintenance you will have to do.

I enjoy working on and maintaining my cars myself. My Porsche has been no more work than my BMW's and costs for parts have been relatively similar. My wife's Land Rover has been way more work and way more expensive than any of my German vehicles.

I would scan through some of the older threads on the forum just so you can get an idea of what specific maintenance issues or problems you might run into with higher mileage Cayennes.

I love my Cayenne, worth every penny

Old 12-08-2016, 02:16 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
BMWs all have "they all do that" issues. The plastic used in the cooling systems bio-degrades as you use the vehicle. Water pumps, window regulators, all these are common failures on BMWs. Suspension, bushings, brake components all are problem areas.

Not so much the Cayenne. The later 957 vehicles are pretty reliable. There are a few things like the cardon shaft that all fail eventually, but no where near the number of issues BMW has had in the past 2 decades.

Regular maintenance, tires, brakes, oil changes aren't cheap, especially on the turbos, but they aren't heart stopping either.

If you want Japanese vehicle expenses, I'd suggest Lexus. If you enjoy driving I'd suggest the Cayenne.

Old 12-10-2016, 12:34 AM
philsoldat is on a distinguished road
I would say if you can do maintenance work like pulleys, hoses, fixing common codes and some other 957 specific items, plus get your parts online, then its manageable, otherwise the cost can get up there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.