Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Battery and errormsg?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 04:36 AM
RoyC is an unknown quantity at this point
Battery and errormsg?

The other day i suddenly got a errormsg about a light. Next day the cornerlight error appear together with airsuspention workshop error. After reading about it here it seem likely its due to a weak battery?

So today i went to check it. Messured voltage from the enginge comp was 12,3Volts. The guy said its ok (not a mechanik). So he tested the CCA ore what its called. I told him it shuld be around 900? He messure about 350...

I do not have any problems starting the car, but its still not negative degrees here....

So question is:
-Culd these errors be due to my battery?
-Is 810A in ok for the Turbo 955? Thats what they recomend. Maby in lack of bigger?

Hope for a fast reply on this ☺. Thanks!

Old 12-12-2016, 08:28 AM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
12.3V is partly discharged. It should read 12.6-12.7V. The CCA (Cold-Cranking-Amps) are a measure of the amount of electricity they battery can supply to a heavy load (like engine starting in cold weather.) The 350 is low, and means the battery voltage will probably dip significantly when you start the engine.

It might dip low enough that it can cause modules to falsely error out.

If you're concerned about the battery - replace it. 810CCA is OK for the turbo, more is always better if it fits. There are some AGM batteries with a bit higher CCA that will fit.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by deilenberger
12.3V is partly discharged. It should read 12.6-12.7V. The CCA (Cold-Cranking-Amps) are a measure of the amount of electricity they battery can supply to a heavy load (like engine starting in cold weather.) The 350 is low, and means the battery voltage will probably dip significantly when you start the engine.

It might dip low enough that it can cause modules to falsely error out.

If you're concerned about the battery - replace it. 810CCA is OK for the turbo, more is always better if it fits. There are some AGM batteries with a bit higher CCA that will fit.
Thanks for your reply. I just bought a new battery and will replace it tomorrow.

Do i need to program the new battery to the car? Ore delete faiult codes?

Old 12-12-2016, 08:57 AM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
There is no battery programming required. And as far as erasing the error codes - as long as they don't appear again they cause no harm being saved.

One thing - is your Turbo a single battery or dual battery vehicle? The dual battery one has a battery under the spare wheel also. The car functions are split between them (one is used for accessories, one for starting the engine.) A single battery vehicle only has the one under the drivers seat and all functions run from that battery.

Old 12-12-2016, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by deilenberger
There is no battery programming required. And as far as erasing the error codes - as long as they don't appear again they cause no harm being saved.

One thing - is your Turbo a single battery or dual battery vehicle? The dual battery one has a battery under the spare wheel also. The car functions are split between them (one is used for accessories, one for starting the engine.) A single battery vehicle only has the one under the drivers seat and all functions run from that battery.
Hi

Assume mine is one. Its a 2004mod. Under the spare wheel i only think u will find the bose subwoofer? Ore culd there be more there?

I havent had any issues starting the car despite weak battery

Old 12-12-2016, 09:07 AM
If you have the Bose you don't have the dual battery setup.

Old 12-13-2016, 06:09 AM
Update!

I changed the battery due to the test they made. They connected a machine in the engine comp on the + and -. Result was ''change battery'' due to low cca.

Tested today the new battery the same way but also that one needed to be replased?

Turns out that they shuld have tested directly on the battery. My old battery was fine so now im back to scratch...

The weird thing is that the error on the Airsuspension came same time as corner lights... also shurtly did the pdc fail and beep red if in reverse. Even if nothing was behind us....

So what else can cause this? Maby i do have real issues with both? Whats the best way to check if the compressor is failing?

Old 12-24-2016, 09:55 PM
Zuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enoughZuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enough
RoyC what battery was used as replacement?

Old 12-25-2016, 05:41 AM
Originally Posted by Zuffenhausen955
RoyC what battery was used as replacement?
I did not replace it in the end. Turned out the machine messuring the battery and if it shuld be replaced was faulty.

the end result was that a cable to the shock right back magnet was faulty. 200$ cable kit pluss work (Norway)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.