Porsche Cayenne S 2005 Temperature Range

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 06:26 AM
demonstyle is on a distinguished road
Porsche Cayenne S 2005 Temperature Range

Hi guys!

I just buy a Porsche Cayenne S V8

I usually see that the temperature never moves on my cars... But this time i can see that the temperature of my Porsche Cayenne S never stays on the mid (180F) it always stay like in 185F and moves to more than half way to 3/4 (200F) is that normal?

Thanks for your help.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:06 PM
westpalmdale is an unknown quantity at this point
HI!

Did you ever find the solution for the temperature range?

Old 01-14-2017, 08:47 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
I don't think there was a solution. Adequate description of the "problem" wasn't provided - meaning it's hard to determine IF there is a problem. And the poster only showed up on the forum for two posts back in 2013. Both posts involved his cooling system and there were almost no answers given.

I rather doubt if he's reading this 4 years later. It might be useful if you tell us what you see as a problem - and include the year and model of your Cayenne. Or not.

Old 01-15-2017, 11:55 AM
I have a '04 Cayenne S and most of the time the temperature stay at around 180. Couple of weeks ago, I was going up to Big Bear Lake and It was snowing outside with temperature around 34 F. I started noticing the temperature going up to about 210 every time I go up the hill. But it never went over 210F. Then it would come back down to around 180. The oil temperature is always around 190. I did a search on the forum and I think it's normal, but I just like to have second opinion. The car had a new water pump, thermostat, upgraded Coolant Pipe, and new serpentine belt. Please let me know what you think. It is snow season and I'm planning on going up to the mountain quite often. I just purchased this vehicle and it's got about 81k Mile on it. All service was done at the dealer with previous owner. It's well taken cared. Thank you!

Old 01-15-2017, 01:55 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by westpalmdale
I have a '04 Cayenne S and most of the time the temperature stay at around 180. Couple of weeks ago, I was going up to Big Bear Lake and It was snowing outside with temperature around 34 F. I started noticing the temperature going up to about 210 every time I go up the hill. But it never went over 210F. Then it would come back down to around 180. The oil temperature is always around 190. I did a search on the forum and I think it's normal, but I just like to have second opinion. The car had a new water pump, thermostat, upgraded Coolant Pipe, and new serpentine belt. Please let me know what you think. It is snow season and I'm planning on going up to the mountain quite often. I just purchased this vehicle and it's got about 81k Mile on it. All service was done at the dealer with previous owner. It's well taken cared. Thank you!
Sounds normal to me. 210F isn't anything to be concerned about - it's warm enough that any water in the oil will be evaporated off - and that's a good thing. I prefer to see oil temperature a bit higher than 190 - but on the V8 S - it uses an oil cooler that is part of the engine cooling system - so the oil temperature normally closely follows the water temperature.

I don't think you have anything to be concerned about.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:47 AM
Hi!

Thank you! I really appreciate this.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:59 AM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Fan controller. Probably more people have one failing than realize it. Problem on the Cayenne is you have to buy the fan with it. They aren't cheap.

Then again, I've put two on my a4 b6 and they are $375 without the fan so maybe the Porsche price isn't so bad.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:36 PM
Mr. Haney - the ones I've seen fail - and that's 2 on the 955/957 series seem to fail leaving the fan running all the time (ignition off, overnight, all the time..) Have you seen ones fail other ways on a Porsche? And someone did track down a Ford fan, and a VW fan that can be used in place of the Porsche fan, at a considerable savings.. but I didn't bother keeping that info since I no longer own a 955.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:21 AM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
What I saw on my 955 was that the soft start/ stop function where the fan(s) starts spinning slowly and then faster or slower again based on cooling needs was deteriorating. I noticed the after run performance( time on/failing to come on) was not the same. On my a4 the fan would not come on at all. Many of the control units are similiar in design but the programming is where the difference lies. On my a4 the second time I bought a heavy duty/hot climate CU and the fans never stop lol.

When I first bought my 04 955 CTT in 10-2010 with 65k miles it NEVER EVER moved above 180° on the gauge. Over the years that changed. I will be running a brand new fan controller on it later and expect to be up and running in the next 6 mo.