Cayenne S Hybrid engine fails after speeding

Old 07-29-2014, 04:11 AM
lula10 is on a distinguished road
Angry Cayenne S Hybrid engine fails after speeding

I own a 2010 cayenne S Hybrid and every summer is the same story... 4 years now going to Porsche dealership to no avail. Just come out today leaving (again) my car there. Hope someone had the same issue and help me here, as Porsche seems unable to.

Last 4 years the situation is the same: Journey of +/- 200 km, summer type temperature (+/- 30ēC) and a quite fast driving (200-240 km/h).

The results are all the same: after kinda 1h-1,5h and normally after using the brakes, the instrment panel lights up with 2 messages - Engine problems and Hybrid System Failure. The implication is that the engine gets into some type of defense mode that after that it won't go beyond 3k rpm as when reaches it, it cuts engine power. I stop the car, turn the engine off and then on and... it all looks now fine only to happen again in the next 10 min or so if you continue driving fast... after it cools down the next day all is fine, until the next hot speedy trip...

As I told I have been every year to Porsche dealership and despite all the nice words and (according to them) on-line linking the car with the factory, the issue remains