Cayenne
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I found all wires for aftermarket stereo setup.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 09:08 AM
BOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to behold
I found all wires for aftermarket stereo setup.

I have been installing all new speakers, amps, and a new head unit. I have all connections now without running wires directly to the speakers. They can be tapped without taking out the trim. Door panels have to come out, obviously, but not difficult at all. All amp wires can be ran w/o taking out the trim. There is one wire I can't find....Where is the speed sensor and how do I reach it? If anyone needs help please let me know. I found very little useful info on this forum to help with this setup. I had to test ea. wire and phase, but got it. I did skip the center channel and rear pillar speakers, but they are pretty worthless with a good system. 8.1 setup.

If anyone can find the speed sensor and how to reach it, please let me know!

Last edited by BOOSTTT; 10-21-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:55 AM
uoL24 is on a distinguished road
Post some pic of your install if you can. I just switched out my head unit & added a 10” sub. All factory speakers are being used. Eventually I’ll switched out the factory speakers as well. Make sure you tap into the dimming wire (orange with white stripe) in the harness so the head unit dims when your headlights come on. I skipped that part & now I’m paying the price with a bright-*** screen at night

Old 10-21-2014, 01:06 PM
BOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to behold
LOL. I did not add the dimming 12V wire, but my deck brightness is adjustable, so no problem. I just need the speed sensor????? I'll let you know how I did everything when It's all done. I can tap the speed sensor at the tranny, but I can't find a way to route back to the deck without drilling under the car. I'm not doing that. ANYONE know what to tap at the speedometer and how to find it? Please?

Old 10-21-2014, 03:26 PM
Robotpedlr will become famous soon enoughRobotpedlr will become famous soon enough
Is there a mute wire anywhere? If so, can you let us know where you found it. Thanks

Old 10-24-2014, 09:46 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BOOSTTT
ANYONE know what to tap at the speedometer and how to find it? Please?
Sorry, I doubt anyone here will have this answer. I mess around with the wiring a good amount on the Cayenne and drawing a blank here. There is a reference sensor in the bell housing of the tranny on the left side that measures (through hall effect) the rotation of the flexplate/flywheel. Not sure if this is used as the crankshaft sensor or speed sensor. I suspect that the speed sensor is data sent over the canbus to the various computer modules, but cannot say for sure. If this is true, then you would be chasing a ghost.

Just curious, but why do you need a speed sensor for a headunit? For navigation? If so, don't they use GPS?

Old 10-26-2014, 07:35 PM
It helps the GPS be more accurate on bad weather days or tunnels. I did not hook it up, but the GPS has been just fine without it so far. Getting my full system in has made me love the CTT 100 times more. I also added a flip down DVD player for the kids. Those factory speakers are just terrible.