SOFTRONIC TUNE really works ?? Codes every where

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 09:48 PM
955 benjamin is on a distinguished road
SOFTRONIC TUNE really works ?? Codes every where

Okay I bought the tune last past months and now I'm getting codes and my check engine show up today and another problem cayenne hesitate sometimes isn't running normal and I let my friend who is a European mechanic to take a look I show him the code blabla he went to the porsche dealer and he and his friend who is a mechanic in the porsche dealer told me this about the flash
:: :
Running lean. It did it to me when you told me to drive it hard. I reset it. It's gonna do that till it gets a proper retune. Also, that computer doesn't take kindly to aftermarket reflashes. I was told by Porsche that sooner or later you will get random codes as a result of aftermarket reflashes. I'll talk to Julian about getting yours retuned and not have to pay Porsches price.
He also told me this:

They didn't increase ****. They changed your idle per parameters so you would think they did something. Porsche is the only one that can get those injectors to dump more fuel at higher RPM's. You don't need bigger injectors. The stock ones are about the biggest you can buy for that car. They are made so you can adjust the flow with the computer settings.

I d
I don't have nothing against softronic I'm just telling everybody what they told me I believe in the tune that I pay

Old 11-25-2014, 04:29 PM
loxxrider is on a distinguished road
I don't think this guy knows what he's talking about based on his knowledge of injectors alone. Looks to me like the car is running lean at idle only. "Lean" is a relative term. If the idle isn't oscillating and throttle response is still as it should be at idle, then it isn't too lean for the engine. It may be too lean for emissions however (more Noxious gasses).

Did you feel the extra power upon installing the tune? That would negate your mechanic friend's words as well about the idle being the only thing Softronic changed.

Old 11-25-2014, 04:37 PM
LV_V is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol your buddy is clueless

Old 11-25-2014, 08:22 PM
BG305 is on a distinguished road
good 1

Old 11-28-2014, 05:38 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
LOTS of people have the Softronic tune with no issues. If you are having problems with yours get in touch with Scott, he will help you get it sorted.

Old 11-29-2014, 01:16 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
He has had the car flashed since July and just now is having the two faults and not idling correctly. I would say it has two issues. The first is a mechanic that is not very knowledgeable in the diagnostics of the car nor software. The second most likely the problem is an intake leak yet this can be checked by the RKATS in which they have most likely exceeded the fuel compensation range for the leak. Should it have been the software it would have caused this as soon as it was flashed and not months later.

Best,
Scott

Like us on Facebook for updates and promos

24HRS Daytona Winner programmed by Softronic!
Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:47 AM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Softronic started causing hesitation issues immediately after I installed it on my car. I had it removed after bad customer service, bad recommendations and bad updated files. Too busy to fight over $1K so I ate it... buyer beware.

Old 12-22-2014, 04:05 PM
I did not receive my durametric cable and have not received a response or a cable after I sent my mailing address. Still waiting Scott, please check your email. Happy holidays.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:46 AM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Hello BG305 I sent you a response , please check your email. As you know your DME had been sent in for programming and a rush to get out in which was why the cable had inadvertently been left out. Typically we do not include cables when bench flashing DME's.

You can always call us at 203-723-8928

Happy Holidays,
Scott

Like us on Facebook for updates and promos

24HRS Daytona Winner programmed by Softronic!
Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the prompt response Scott. I am really pleased with the tune and can't wait for the shift update you are working on.

Old 12-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
Too busy to fight over $1K so I ate it... buyer beware.
Interesting statement since I have reason to believe that you did in fact fight the charges from your end and may not have gotten the response you wanted...

Old 12-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
All,

Please work with the vendor directly before posting in an open forum. For what it is worth, even though it may not be transparent, I look into most of these vendor-complaints in the background.

So far, every complaint that I have looked into seems to have been either a miscommunication, misunderstanding or a member looking to distort the facts to gain unfair biased.

Obviously, this is somewhat concerning on several levels. To this end, I am closing this thread.

Happy Holidays.