Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air suspension leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 05:16 PM
pflum is an unknown quantity at this point
Air suspension leak

Hi, new member here. I have a 2004 Cayenne Turbo that won't raise the front suspension. I've traced it to a leak under the left(driver's) side fuse box. I can feel air leaking under the fuse box, but cant see or feel what its coming from. I took the plastic wheel well cover off hoping I could access from there, but all I could see is the air line going through the firewall. I'm not crazy about tearing the fuse box apart to get to it. Does anyone know what is under there that could be leaking? I haven't had any luck finding a diagram of the air system. Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:24 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pflum
Hi, new member here. I have a 2004 Cayenne Turbo that won't raise the front suspension. I've traced it to a leak under the left(driver's) side fuse box. I can feel air leaking under the fuse box, but cant see or feel what its coming from. I took the plastic wheel well cover off hoping I could access from there, but all I could see is the air line going through the firewall. I'm not crazy about tearing the fuse box apart to get to it. Does anyone know what is under there that could be leaking? I haven't had any luck finding a diagram of the air system. Thanks in advance for the help.
Not sure on the diver's side. The compressor is on the passenger side under the floor. There is an accumulator somewhere under the drivers side floor. I think the only thing up that high would be the line itself. Here is a (most likely over simplified) pic of the line routing...

Attached Images  
Old 09-16-2016, 04:54 AM
pflum is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks, that drawing is very helpful. Looks to be a tee fitting between the front accumulator and shock. Looks like the fuse box has to go.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:31 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pflum
Thanks, that drawing is very helpful. Looks to be a tee fitting between the front accumulator and shock. Looks like the fuse box has to go.
If you attempt this repair yourself, please post pics and tips for other members. Thanks!

Old 09-21-2016, 08:48 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
I seem to remember seeing a how-to somewhere about removing that fuse box. Maybe it was for replacing the brake booster or master cylinder? I can't find it now though.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:32 AM
Zuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enoughZuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enough
Spray soapy water at the strut and watch for the bubbles. Most likely it is the rubber air bladder.

How much is in your wallet?