Sponsored by:

Discounts/Pricing for 2017 Cayenne S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 10:46 PM
Dave1956 is on a distinguished road
Discounts/Pricing for 2017 Cayenne S?

All,

I have been looking at a used 2016 Panamera GTS but it looks like the deal fell through. While debating whether to continue my search for one I took a test drive in a Cayenne S today. I really liked it and might get one although the sales rep said dealers don't discount them too much so expect to pay close to asking. Does that sounds consistent with what you are seeing. I live in Northern California so that could make difference...maybe. I am looking at a nicely optioned one (sports chrono, comfort package, 21' wheels, premium package,) and would buy one but not near MSRP.

We looked at one in the system (?) for $92k that had most of what I want (and more) and was told not to expect much more than $2/3k off sticker. Am I being too unreasonable to expect more...I'd like to spend no more than $85k and still get a nicely optioned Cayenne S. Any advice that would help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dave

Old 01-29-2017, 06:22 AM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
My advise is to buy what you like or this will be like the Panny and you will lose this deal as well.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:07 AM
I can't argue against your point here...I fear that I am being too analytical with this purchase. When looking at the Panamera many on this forum, including you, mentioned the steep discounts that i should be looking for. In my research there are discounts to be sure, many very appealing. The car I was looking at was a 2016 with 14k miles and I wanted to find something with less miles and cheaper but was unable to...that is after many, many hours of calls and internet work. Since I hadn't talked about the Cayenne S I was just wondering what a fair price/discount was on those. My plan is to buy a car in the next week assuming I can find one I like...will send pictures when I get it.

Dave

Old 01-29-2017, 09:34 AM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
The 2016 Panny was the old outgoing styling? The new Cayenne hasn't hit the showrooms yet. I'm sure once it does dealers will be making better deals on leftover 2016/2017 P!Gs. Until then - it's price as usual (or close to it.) I don't believe Porsche has even announced a release date for the new Cayenne.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:59 AM
moosehead1 is an unknown quantity at this point
May be hard to find a deal on the new MY '17's, that said the 'ole we are a boutique car company and only sell at MSRP is bull hooey.

I ended up finding a perfect config CPO GTS Cayenne in a neighboring state for the better half at roundly $25k inside sticker, which is good but fairly normal for low mileage CPO. Local dealer had offered 6% inside window MSRP on a '17 GTS Cayenne which was closer to invoice IIRC.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the help moosehead1...I am really trying hard to get into a GTS Pano and then started looking at a 2016 Cayenne GTS in Livermore, Ca recently that I really like but they are overpriced at $96k...low miles and some good options but still overpriced based on some of the car sites I've looked at. My first choice is the Pano and I am trying to work a deal on a '16 and if that doesn't happen maybe a Cayenne GTS will fall into my lap...BTW, I am paying cash and I've had a few dealers shudder given that they aren't making more money off me through financing. They think by lowering the costs that they can make it up on the other end...or at least that is my thinking. One even started negotiating tougher knowing that...thanks again. Dave

Old 02-02-2017, 11:33 AM
moosehead1 is an unknown quantity at this point
^$96k asking for '16 Cayenne GTS CPO low miles (under 10k) isn't a horrible starting place. I'd suggest countering it if you like the config. You may also try nearby states, shipment can be highly reasonable unless super long distance.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:13 PM
Trackmunkey is on a distinguished road
If you have a good dealer you can negotiate just about anything. I got 8% off MSRP on my well optioned cayenne.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.