Chicago A Regional 6speedonline enthusiast member group.

Where to see a Bugatti Veyron in Chicago?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 11:55 AM
paulumos is on a distinguished road
Where to see a Bugatti Veyron in Chicago?

Greetings.

Over the last few years, my 8-year old son has grown from a Hot Wheels enthusiast into total petrol head, thanks in no small part to Top Gear (UK) and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. I suppose I've helped.

We've hit quite a few car shows in the area (Supercar Saturdays, the British Car show at Harper, local muscle car cruise nights, World of Wheels, etc.). And we've visited dealerships that I have no real business walking into (e.g., Goldcoast Bentley, Ferrari, etc.). We've seen a ton of cool cars, but have never run into his (the) holy grail: a Bugatti Veyron.

Any tips on where to see one in the Chicago area? Would possibly even make a weekend out of it and travel to Milwaukee, Indy, etc.

Thanks,

Paul

Old 09-18-2011, 02:40 PM
koop has a spectacular aura aboutkoop has a spectacular aura about
according to cars.com, bentley gold coast has two in inventory

Old 09-18-2011, 11:40 PM
Thanks!

I had looked at inventories online periodically. The blue one has been listed for a while but is apparently not on site at Gold Coast (I asked when were there).

The red and black one, however, is a new listing since I last looked, and from the pictures, it appears to be at Gold Coast. Will look into it.

Thanks again (for pointing out the obvious)!

Paul

Old 10-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Was in the neighborhood last week and stopped by Gold Coast. Neither Bugatti shown in their inventory is currently on display or likely even on site. (Their inventory shows they have a couple hundred cars, but the showroom only has room for maybe a dozen downstairs and a handful upstairs.) I've spoken with a few people there before and they've generally been very nice... I'm not comfortable with nor in a position to feign interest in buying one just to weasel my kid's way into seeing one...

Still hoping for other leads!

Old 10-20-2011, 08:21 PM
bshah1976 will become famous soon enough
Goad Coast has a garage less than a mile away where they store A LOT of cars... have gone there to see some cars. My guess is this type of car along with the Enzo's could be in other high security facility...and taken out for serious inquiries only...

Old 10-28-2011, 09:16 PM
mathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond repute
Gold coast had one on the floor when I walked by Monday night. Take him in, buy a model, see the car....

Old 09-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
Saw one drive by on East Ontario a couple days ago...

Old 09-14-2012, 08:28 AM
mdolly is on a distinguished road
Here is the one at Gold Coast, saw it a couple weeks back. I have also seen one come out of a garage not too far from there too, but it was a residential building so I assume it wasn't the same one.