Chicago A Regional 6speedonline enthusiast member group.

Need a recommendation on a Porsche Performance Shop in Chicago

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 03:59 PM
THEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to behold
Need a recommendation on a Porsche Performance Shop in Chicago

Make a long story short I took my 997 TT to a shop I've never used before and I'm not happy what so ever. So now I'm going to end up paying for the job to be done two times. The normal shop I deal with is not going to be back in the shop till may 19th, which isn't going to work for me. So I'm reaching out to see if any one can help me out.

Thanks

Old 04-25-2015, 08:45 PM
djillusion has a spectacular aura aboutdjillusion has a spectacular aura about
Yes. Call Al @ Chicago Performance and Tuning in Melrose Park. www.gocpt.com

Top notch shop and Al is an avid porsche enthusiast - he races/tracks them too. he has been taking care of my cars (previous Audi and now 997.2T) for a very long time. you name it, CPT can handle it.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:48 PM
THEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to behold
That's who's out of town till the 19th Ha! Al's the best, he's done 99.9% of my work since my old 2007 S4 when that was new, this is the first time I went somewhere else and got my whole car messed up. I should have just waited, but I figured how hard to install springs and alignment could be..

Old 04-25-2015, 08:57 PM
Yep - he's too busy racing! =) no question, he is the best. i would wait until he gets back at CPT for whatever corrections you need fixed. it just aint worth it anywhere else.

i had a 2001 B5 Stage 3 S4. missed that beast as i had a lot of work done to it, but the 997.2T is a nice upgrade!

Old 04-25-2015, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by djillusion
Yep - he's too busy racing! =) no question, he is the best. i would wait until he gets back at CPT for whatever corrections you need fixed. it just aint worth it anywhere else.

i had a 2001 B5 Stage 3 S4. missed that beast as i had a lot of work done to it, but the 997.2T is a nice upgrade!
I couldn't agree more, but there's two PCA DE's I want to do coming up..That's the problem. Plus, I'm sure I'm going to get a ear full from him too about going to this other shop. I'll tell you what though, I'll never make this mistake again with my Turbo.

He just did the Revo +1 on my B8 S4 pretty fast for a 4 door sedan. The b5's were rockets back in the day, I remember I raced one in my e36 m3 and got toasted right in front of Oak Brook Mall

Old 04-25-2015, 09:08 PM
he'll give you an earful alright! tough predicament you are in. i can't say i have been anywhere else besides CPT to even give you a 2nd reco due to your time constraints. i can only assume AMS in west chicago would be that 2nd option, but i don't have any direct experience with them.

my B5 was a beast - miss it a lot to this day. al enjoyed giving me a hard time about how fast it was for getting groceries.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:11 PM
Ha! I can hear Al now...

I know Perfect Power up in buffalo grove is pretty good too. I'm sure he's busy too, the problem is there only a few good shops. A lot of hacks out there!

Should have kept the Audi as a DD, that's what I use mine for. I don't think I could drive my 997TT on a daily basis.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:34 AM
midwesterner is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by THEWHEEL22
Make a long story short I took my 997 TT to a shop I've never used before and I'm not happy what so ever. So now I'm going to end up paying for the job to be done two times. The normal shop I deal with is not going to be back in the shop till may 19th, which isn't going to work for me. So I'm reaching out to see if any one can help me out.

Thanks
Sorry to hear that things did not go well with the unnamed shop. I would suggest Midwest Eurosport in Bensenville. I have taken my 991 there for routine maintenance and was pleased with their work. They specialize in Porsches and every car on their lifts was a Porsche. Hope that helps.

Could you PM me the name of the shop that did not meet your expectations?

Good luck!!

Old 06-18-2015, 07:53 PM
Well, I ended up taking my car to CPT because it didn't feel right after ( Rennology ) did it. Make a long story short, they didn't assemble the r/t front strut suspension correctly. The damaged the strut and broke the PSAM clip. Nothing like paying two times to get a job done and having to buy extra parts too. My advice stay clear from Rennology motorsports.