My First Concept Supercar - Purity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 12:29 PM
GUNS is on a distinguished road
Landon,

First off that is a great design you have come up with. Factory Five Racing has just announced their new kit car and they are going to have a contest for the body design starting March 1st. I think your design is inline with what they are looking for and it would be a great way to see your design become a reality. This is taken from their website:

"Based on tough Subaru WRX running gear, Factory Five's next car has been in development for almost a year. With a space frame designed and tested on SolidWorks software, this single donor car will sell for $9,900. We will use our 15 years of accumulated design and manufacturing skills to deliver a "world car" that can be COMPLETED for less than $15,000.

Single Donor Subaru WRX Running Gear

Factory Five Space Frame Chassis, 95" Wheel Base

Mid-Engine, Rear Wheel Drive Configuration

Target weight - 1,800 lbs.

Two Seater Roadster (Removable Hard Top)

No Paint, Gel Coat Panels

Target Kit Price: $9,900

Target Vehicle Completion Cost Under $15,000

Design Partners: SolidWorks Software, Grassroots
Motorsports Magazine

Automobile Magazine wrote the following:

"Have you ever wondered what would happen if you stuffed a Subaru WRX motor into something that's mid-engined, rear-wheel-drive, and weighs less than 2,000 lbs.? Because that's the next Factory Five car - a two-seater built around inexpensive and indestructible Subaru running gear. The styling isn't finalized, but I'm imaging something that looks like Lancia Stratos. And if you don't break into a creepy serial-killer smile every time you imagine an affordable, WRX-based Stratos, then you are some kind of weirdo. The car's new wheelbase is locked in at 95" which is a little longer then an Exige."

Ezra Dyer, Automobile Magazine

Body Design Competition Starts March 1st

The base dimensions, running gear, and chassis/suspensions work has been determined. The body shape of this two-seater, mid-engined roadster is not finalized and we have decided, in conjunction with Grassroots Motorsports Magazine, to sponsor a body design competition open to the public and hosted by Grassroots Motorsports Magazine. Full details on this competition will be released shortly and submissions dates begin March 1st.
Full details will be released on our website shortly."

Here is a link to the forum for this car: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/forum...-s-Next-Design

I hope to see your design in the running and then maybe eventually in my garage .

Old 02-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Surfer is on a distinguished road
Dude that is an awesome rendering, Pagani shoulda hired you to do their new model thats butt *** ugly compared to the Zonda. Great job, hope you get some interest from others in hiring you.

Others have been in your same position, check out Jeff Lemke of the Viper world, he's bringing out his dream.. his own supercar.
http://www.auto123.com/en/news/car-n...r?artid=126938

Old 02-20-2011, 08:01 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Awesome work.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:53 PM
AxerJk is on a distinguished road
I love that gray one!

I'd be interested in seeing how CAD works?

Chris

Old 07-23-2011, 07:42 PM
X-Factor is a glorious beacon of lightX-Factor is a glorious beacon of lightX-Factor is a glorious beacon of lightX-Factor is a glorious beacon of lightX-Factor is a glorious beacon of lightX-Factor is a glorious beacon of light
Dammit I really wish I could see the pics. Imageshack is blocked at work.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:46 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
awesome work there. Looks beautiful

Old 08-05-2011, 09:09 AM
carsunltd32 is on a distinguished road
great work man!! did you go to school for that or just do it in your spare time?

Old 10-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Fearmore is on a distinguished road
Just flat out amazing renderings! I also love the yellow LeMans. Good Luck with the project.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:15 PM
jasonmorris1809 is on a distinguished road
Great looking work! Really neat to see what someone can do when designs aren't restricted to rule books!

Old 01-09-2012, 05:16 AM
fordystar is on a distinguished road
wow!

Old 02-18-2012, 09:19 PM
tpduke112 has much to be proud oftpduke112 has much to be proud oftpduke112 has much to be proud oftpduke112 has much to be proud oftpduke112 has much to be proud oftpduke112 has much to be proud oftpduke112 has much to be proud oftpduke112 has much to be proud oftpduke112 has much to be proud oftpduke112 has much to be proud of
that thing looks badass! get that thing produced.

Old 03-04-2012, 05:38 PM
996TTCABX50 will become famous soon enough
I'm a fan.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Great rendering!
Originally Posted by Surfer
Dude that is an awesome rendering, Pagani shoulda hired you to do their new model thats butt *** ugly compared to the Zonda. Great job, hope you get some interest from others in hiring you.

Others have been in your same position, check out Jeff Lemke of the Viper world, he's bringing out his dream.. his own supercar.
http://www.auto123.com/en/news/car-n...r?artid=126938
like the front. not sure about the rear

Old 07-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Tim1137 is on a distinguished road
Nice job! I have the same interest as you with designing your own car type stuff but I dont have any of the talent you do to make renderings like this.