IM01 is the Racecar of the Future

Old 07-17-2014, 01:27 PM
edtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud ofedtahaney has much to be proud of
IM01 is the Racecar of the Future

IM01 is the Racecar of the Future. Nürburgring, You've Been Put on Notice

What happens when you cross a Formula 1 car, a World Endurance LeMans prototype, and a group of design and engineering students? You get this unholy monstrosity.

This is the IM01. The name stands for InMotion Motorsports, the group challenged to build this creation, and the chassis number, 01. The car, if you could call it that, was devised by a group of students from both the Technical University of Eindhoven and the Fontys University of Applied Sciences and was thought up for one goal alone. Beat the Nürburgring.

Read the rest of our post here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/article...ve-put-notice/

What do you think?

Old 07-17-2014, 01:35 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Seems quite similar to existing LeMans prototypes, just with more emphasis on hybrid electric power.

I'm not sure I see the innovation other than that its coming from students (which is quite impressive). A worthy record but I think a LOT of race cars since the 956 could eclipse 6:11. Has a full hybrid, it would be noteworthy though.