Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Detailing Trinity: Claying, Polishing, and Waxing your way to a proper finish

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 09:11 PM
Mp5o will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the info!

Old 06-14-2015, 04:25 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I have a white Porsche which looks great but in sun has a few very fine marks or swirls.
I have a PC machine and have used 3M swirl remover (Ultrafina) and Pinnicle fine swirls remover 2 on both a white and orange pad. Both have not cut enough to remove to my satisfaction. Question ; what are the possibilities of what I m doing wrong. I have a good knowledge of what I m doing but because of the car I m afraid to try to many other things for fear of making to worse...
Either I m not working the area enough or product issues are my thoughts? Any help.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:52 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
To answer your question , about 4 passes... enough?

Old 06-28-2015, 07:31 PM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cerbomark
I have a white Porsche which looks great but in sun has a few very fine marks or swirls.
I have a PC machine and have used 3M swirl remover (Ultrafina) and Pinnicle fine swirls remover 2 on both a white and orange pad. Both have not cut enough to remove to my satisfaction. Question ; what are the possibilities of what I m doing wrong. I have a good knowledge of what I m doing but because of the car I m afraid to try to many other things for fear of making to worse...
Either I m not working the area enough or product issues are my thoughts? Any help.
Mark, if going from the least aggressive pads (white, orange) and products that you have and giving them about 8 passes or so per area do not work..I'd go up to a Pinnacle 3 or yellow pad and that typically does the job for me.

Search for videos of The Junk Man and also videos from auto geek, Junk Man is funny and down to earth guy but his videos are really educational come car detailing..

Good luck,

VG

Old 06-29-2015, 11:44 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Great question. You may not be putting enough pressure or working the polish in. You should be at near the highest setting on your PC and your pad should be forced down to the point it stops spinning, then you back off to get the dual action again...that's your sweet spot. You want maximum pressure while still allowing the machine to keep its dual action.

I've always been fond of Menzerna Super Intensive Polish and Super Finish combo. With a PC, you can probably get a bit more aggressive and use Menzerna Fast Gloss, FG400, on an orange lake country pad to get even better correction.

I recently did see a demo of Shine Supply polishes by the creator of the line, and was very impressed. I personally haven't used them, will be trying them soon, and will let you know how it compares with Menzerna, a line we've been using for over 10 years.

Hope this helps. After doing all that, do a nice coating like CQuartz UK to help protect it moving forward.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:27 PM
Thanks guys.... Will try working it more and I already have an orange lake country pad.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:22 PM
Thanks guys.... Will try working it more and I already have an orange lake country pad.
Good luck Mark, keep us posted...I have a Diamond White, metallic MB and can already imagine how much of a pain it will be come time to remove swirls since white is hard to detect without having a white light, etc..

Best,
v

Old 06-29-2015, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by vg247
Good luck Mark, keep us posted...I have a Diamond White, metallic MB and can already imagine how much of a pain it will be come time to remove swirls since white is hard to detect without having a white light, etc..

Best,
v

yup, that s it!

Old 07-19-2015, 06:41 AM
update; Did the full correction. Used a light compound which I m supprised it didn t dull the paint in that process, with an orange pad. Then followed up with pinnincle polish( white pad and then a hand synthetic wax. Took it out in the sun and to my supprise the web look was gone! Took my about 5 hours at least. BTW, did about 6-8 passes a product. Thanks all!

Old 07-19-2015, 09:19 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Great question. You may not be putting enough pressure or working the polish in. You should be at near the highest setting on your PC and your pad should be forced down to the point it stops spinning, then you back off to get the dual action again...that's your sweet spot. You want maximum pressure while still allowing the machine to keep its dual action. I've always been fond of Menzerna Super Intensive Polish and Super Finish combo. With a PC, you can probably get a bit more aggressive and use Menzerna Fast Gloss, FG400, on an orange lake country pad to get even better correction. I recently did see a demo of Shine Supply polishes by the creator of the line, and was very impressed. I personally haven't used them, will be trying them soon, and will let you know how it compares with Menzerna, a line we've been using for over 10 years. Hope this helps. After doing all that, do a nice coating like CQuartz UK to help protect it moving forward.
You recommended the Menzerna products to me a couple years ago. They are the best I've tried so far. I also use their paint sealant which surprisingly lasts almost a year!

Old 07-19-2015, 11:46 AM
update; Did the full correction. Used a light compound which I m supprised it didn t dull the paint in that process, with an orange pad. Then followed up with pinnincle polish( white pad and then a hand synthetic wax. Took it out in the sun and to my supprise the web look was gone! Took my about 5 hours at least. BTW, did about 6-8 passes a product. Thanks all!
Congrats Mark! Great to hear it worked out..