Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Coin operated car wash in NJ?

Old 01-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Peter W. is on a distinguished road
Coin operated car wash in NJ?

Does anybody know where there is a coin operated coin car wash in North Jersey area? I live in an apartment complex, so for me getting access to a hose is tough. Any information would be great. Thanks

Old 01-30-2009, 08:44 PM
TonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of light
River St in Hackensack,NJ and also on Rt 46W in I believe Little Ferry,NJ across from the Dunkin Donut.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:53 PM
1st997s is on a distinguished road
Where are u located? There is a great spot in Scotch Plains NJ hand car wash...only place i take my 997S...they get the underbody, which i think is important these days

Old 01-30-2009, 10:11 PM
I am in West Orange. I detail my own cars, its just living in an apartment complex its tough having access to water. I don't trust car wash's, they put swirls in cars. I know some people swear by some "HAND" car wash's but check out the towels they use and other products and you will see what I am talking about. My cars have a swirl free finish that I don't want a car wash to ruin for me. I really do appreciate the replies guys thanks so much. I will be going to the Hackensack one tomorrow morning to detail the CL55. Looks like a pretty good self service car wash. Thanks for the heads up Tony.

By the way Tony, are you also a member on Exoticsrally.com? Don't know if you are the same Tony on there. Thanks again.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:15 PM
1st997s is on a distinguished road
Peter --- i could not agree with u more, however i only hand was my car ... but in the off season i go to scotch plains...let me know if u find a new spot...and i work very close to west orange...and play a bit of golf there...thx

Old 01-31-2009, 06:07 AM
TonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Peter W.
I am in West Orange. I detail my own cars, its just living in an apartment complex its tough having access to water. I don't trust car wash's, they put swirls in cars. I know some people swear by some "HAND" car wash's but check out the towels they use and other products and you will see what I am talking about. My cars have a swirl free finish that I don't want a car wash to ruin for me. I really do appreciate the replies guys thanks so much. I will be going to the Hackensack one tomorrow morning to detail the CL55. Looks like a pretty good self service car wash. Thanks for the heads up Tony.

By the way Tony, are you also a member on Exoticsrally.com? Don't know if you are the same Tony on there. Thanks again.

No problem Peter, the Hackensack facility is pretty nice. Yes, I am also on Exotics Rally (TonyNJ).

Old 01-31-2009, 08:38 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Peter W.

Great job on caring so much about your car. It's so gratifying to see you guys going out of your way to find things to better the ownership experience. If only everyone took this much effort.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:37 AM
Tony, hope to see you on some rallies coming up in the near future with the ER club. I know a guy named Tony on exotics rally just bought my good friends 996tt X50 with the protomotive kit on it, with I forged black wheels with white lips, is this you?

1st997S, I will be going to Hackensack tomorrow. I thought the wife would be working this morning but she had the day off, so I will sneak out tomorrow.

Moe, thanks for the kind words. I love detailing cars and there is no way I am going to let a "HAND" car wash put swirls into my paint. Keep up the great work buddy!!!!

Old 01-31-2009, 05:14 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
in bergen county I agree with Tony, Hackensack is the best place you have time and there are garage doors there I believe. I believe there is 4-6 bays and typically people are not out there a 10pm doing cars in 20 degree weather : )

Old 01-31-2009, 07:18 PM
"Tony, hope to see you on some rallies coming up in the near future with the ER club. I know a guy named Tony on exotics rally just bought my good friends 996tt X50 with the protomotive kit on it, with I forged black wheels with white lips, is this you?"

Definately Peter, same here. Yes I bought the car from Eric, really nice guy and really took care of this car.

Last edited by TonyNJ; 02-02-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Banned
s.chaudry has a spectacular aura abouts.chaudry has a spectacular aura abouts.chaudry has a spectacular aura about
I go to one on route 1 near menlo park mall since I live in Edison... but thats about it!

Old 02-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Well my brother and I went to the Hackensack facility on Sunday morning. Great place but one of the workers told us we can't use buckets there. I don't think he liked the fact that we were occupying one of the bays for about 2 hours. Next time we will go real early in the morning or at night. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Tony, my brother and I are the guys who washed Erics car all the time. When he first got the car, the paint needed a good cleaning. We did a complete detail on the car and obviously you can see what kind of condition it is in now, EXCELLENT!!! Everytime we came to wash the car after the complete detail, we used Zymol Concours to protect the paint. Nothing but the best for that car. Man I loved his Porsche TT. Good luck with it, its one hell of a car.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Peter, you guy's did do a great job on that car. The paint was in excellent condition and I was wondering what Eric used.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks Tony!!! The first time we did the complete detail, we took out all the swirls by buffing the entire car out with Menzerna polishes and the Makita rotary and Porter cable 7424 for final polishing. Then the car was prepped using zymol HD cleanse then we applied Zymol Concours to protect the paint. You have a good 6-8 coats of Concours on that car. Interior we used Leatherique leather products, love this stuff. If you have any questions just post them here, people like myself, my brother, Moe, and Phil from detailers domain will try our best to answer any questions. See you at some upcoming rallies with the rest of the ER crew. Thanks again for the compliments on the work we did on the Porsche. Enjoy that BEAST!!!!

Old 01-14-2011, 06:18 AM
JoeyZ is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have the address of the one on Rt 46? I need to hose the salt off my M.

Thanks.

Also....just joined, so hello.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coin operated car wash in NJ?