Go Back   6speedonline.com Forums > Tech Stuff > Detailing
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing. Sponsored by: CR Spotless

vacuum stripes in carpet ?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 11:30 PM

twturbo has a reputation beyond reputetwturbo has a reputation beyond reputetwturbo has a reputation beyond reputetwturbo has a reputation beyond reputetwturbo has a reputation beyond reputetwturbo has a reputation beyond reputetwturbo has a reputation beyond reputetwturbo has a reputation beyond reputetwturbo has a reputation beyond reputetwturbo has a reputation beyond reputetwturbo has a reputation beyond repute
vacuum stripes in carpet ?

How do the dealers get those perfect stripes in the carpet ,my car still has some on passenger side ,i tried with regular shop vac with no success ,i kinda like the look.

1968 Shelby GT500KR Yes it's real !
96 993TT Polar Silver,Proto built, gone but not forgtten (totaled)
FLY LOW AND AVOID THE RADAR
Old 12-03-2009, 01:39 AM

TOGWT is a name known to allTOGWT is a name known to allTOGWT is a name known to allTOGWT is a name known to allTOGWT is a name known to allTOGWT is a name known to all
Carpet Stripe Pattern
To obtain a ‘stripe pattern’ on (freshly cleaned, damp) carpets / mats; alternate the direction of the extractor (pull towards you to make one line, then push away from you on next) The reasoning behind it apparently is that it give the customer an assurance that all of the carpeting was vacuumed and not just "Spot" cleaned. Personally I prefer the look of a vapour cleaned carpet with the nap raised and lightly brushed to attain uniformity.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Premium Sponsor

MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
pages/Glistening-Perfection/103167802903
Quote:
Originally Posted by twturbo View Post
How do the dealers get those perfect stripes in the carpet ,my car still has some on passenger side ,i tried with regular shop vac with no success ,i kinda like the look.
I personally don't care for that look. How I remove it when the dealer cleans a client's car is spray Autoglym interior shampoo/cleaner and get a soft bristle brush and rub the carpet in a circular pattern. Allow the product to sit for a minute and come back and wipe in circular pattern. The brush the nap the opposite direction of how the dealer vacuumed and created those lines. After a few repeated processes, it'll go away.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...ttle%2C/Detail

Why choose GP...WATCH OUR DOCUMENTARY

Follow Moe HERE

Old 12-03-2009, 09:55 AM

Tags
996, car, carpet, carpets, cars, detail, detailers, make, pattern, patterns, profile, stripe, stripes, strippy, turbo, vacuum