Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

vacuum stripes in carpet ?

Old 12-02-2009, 11:30 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
vacuum stripes in carpet ?

How do the dealers get those perfect stripes in the carpet ,my car still has some on passenger side ,i tried with regular shop vac with no success ,i kinda like the look.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:39 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Carpet Stripe Pattern
To obtain a ‘stripe pattern’ on (freshly cleaned, damp) carpets / mats; alternate the direction of the extractor (pull towards you to make one line, then push away from you on next) The reasoning behind it apparently is that it give the customer an assurance that all of the carpeting was vacuumed and not just "Spot" cleaned. Personally I prefer the look of a vapour cleaned carpet with the nap raised and lightly brushed to attain uniformity.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by twturbo
How do the dealers get those perfect stripes in the carpet ,my car still has some on passenger side ,i tried with regular shop vac with no success ,i kinda like the look.
I personally don't care for that look. How I remove it when the dealer cleans a client's car is spray Autoglym interior shampoo/cleaner and get a soft bristle brush and rub the carpet in a circular pattern. Allow the product to sit for a minute and come back and wipe in circular pattern. The brush the nap the opposite direction of how the dealer vacuumed and created those lines. After a few repeated processes, it'll go away.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...ttle%2C/Detail