Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Recommended LSPs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@3dproducts is on a distinguished road
Recommended LSPs

Over the years, I have tried more waxes and sealants than I can remember. First as an enthusiast and of course later as a professional detailer. One day I would want to have the best looking wax, so I'd order the latest and greatest. Of course, days later, I would see a top pro post his new favorite sealant. Back to the order line to spend more $$$

All in all most looked good enough to my eyes. Until I tried another one that was suppose to be better. After awhile I learned to just use what looked good to me.

I see my old self in many posters who get into detailing and are "SOLD" on their choice.

The question you have to ask yourself is this. What are they comparing their favorite wax to?

After 8 years of protecting paint, 3D's NITRO SEAL is by far the glossiest finish I have seen. Yes, I work for the company (guess why?) so do not take my word for it. After all I may just want to sell you the product. See it for yourself.

If you want to be impressed by an LSP, order NITRO SEAL, wash, clay and do a gentle polish at least and apply this product.

Tell me I was wrong.

PS: you will also get at least 8 months of real protection.

Here is a write up about NS

http://www.3dproducts.com/blog/2012/09/hd-nitro-seal/

Last edited by Tom@3dproducts; 09-21-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:31 AM
2008911tt is on a distinguished road
You're not biased are you?

Old 09-26-2012, 09:59 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 2008911tt
You're not biased are you?
Actually, I am not.

Have you tried Nitro Seal? What did you think?

Old 09-26-2012, 02:24 PM
2008911tt is on a distinguished road
3D Products

No, I have not tried Nitro Seal but I have tried a lot of waxes and sealants as well as other 3D products like Uno and Poxy. I found the 3D products to be decent but not as good a 3M products. As far as waxes/sealers are concerned I have used many - everything from Mothers, Blue Coral, Blackfire, P21S, etc. and from high density carnauba to synthetic. I have yet to find one that dramatically outperforms another. Many sealants/glazes leave a haze on black or dark paints, and many waxes leave white residue in cracks or joint lines. A really good carnauba is still my favorite.

I would like to try some of that really expensive SwissVax out of curiosity but I am not going to spend that kind of money.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Former Vendor
Which 3M product have you tried against 3D? How are they better?

POXY or NITRO SEAL leaves no residue, doesn't haze. Very easy on and off.

BTW, not sure how any of that is relevant to NITRO SEAL looking better to my eyes than any other wax or sealant. And that includes Svisswax as well.

I have a feeling that some of your concerns come from user error. One needs to understand the products limitations.

As far as waxes leaving white residue? Man, I haven't use a product like that in years and years. Can't believe those type of products are still sold.

Anyway, I am outside of Oregon city, you can always try some of my NS or order some and if you think that NS is not better than anything else, I will except that. But please never judge something until you have personnel experience with it

Old 09-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Former Vendor
PS - you can see in this detail, that there is no residue, haze of any kind

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-b...on-detail.html