Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

any "regular working guys" own a 360

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by IUkid
Going back and fourth between a house and a dream car recently, I like the way you think.

you didnt have to quote the entire rant

btw, want to rent a room?

Old 09-20-2009, 12:45 PM
ZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really nice
As long as one makes there own money nobody should care how they spend it.

Obviously most 6speeders are car fanatics but seriously, renting an apt and having multiple exotics out front is GHETTO. I'm just saying.....

Old 09-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ZZinger

Obviously most 6speeders are car fanatics but seriously, renting an apt and having multiple exotics out front is GHETTO. I'm just saying.....

then rent one with garages

Old 09-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future

I agree Zinger, but I wouldn't say it's ghetto. I would say it's stupid in terms of the long run. In Cali at least, all those home improvements another member mentioned can be written off on your taxes when you sell the house. Don't make someone else's house payment by renting. Buy a house first.

Last edited by Onetime; 09-20-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:09 AM
frog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Auctung

btw, all my neighbors think Im a drug dealer too, and Im for real about that. A friend of mine is friends with a lady in the next neighborhood over and told him how they all talk in detail about me being one
or Im a "rich daddys boy"
I couldnt give two ****s less, I just let them think what they want
Dont take this the wrong way, but if you can afford a Lambo at age 22, you aren't really a "regular working guy"

Feel free to prove me wrong and no offence ment but.. for you to afford that you would have either worked very hard since you left school or you have had help. Now you said you where still living at home, so i take it you probably aren't paying for food or rent etc and you parents are fairly well off, which probably means you had a little help with it, maybe not directly for the lambo but for everything else so you could save up for the lambo.

As i said not being an *** but i dont think anyone who can afford those sorts of cars under 25 or 30 can be classified as a 'regular working guy'

Old 09-21-2009, 11:36 AM
SVTHorsnake will become famous soon enoughSVTHorsnake will become famous soon enough
With those comments, I think you're more apt to offend the doctors and lawyers who put in 80 hour weeks for 48 weeks/year.

As for perception buy the damned car and enjoy it. If you're really worried about it, get a personalized plate that says "NOGSMNY".

Last edited by SVTHorsnake; 09-22-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by frog_a_lot
Dont take this the wrong way, but if you can afford a Lambo at age 22, you aren't really a "regular working guy"

Feel free to prove me wrong and no offence ment but.. for you to afford that you would have either worked very hard since you left school or you have had help. Now you said you where still living at home, so i take it you probably aren't paying for food or rent etc and you parents are fairly well off, which probably means you had a little help with it, maybe not directly for the lambo but for everything else so you could save up for the lambo.

As i said not being an *** but i dont think anyone who can afford those sorts of cars under 25 or 30 can be classified as a 'regular working guy'

no offence taken

I grew up on welfare and food stamps because my dad didnt feal the need to get a job for 22 years. He finally got a part time job 2 years ago, so I take no pitty on him. Hes where he is because of his laziness and is on his own as far as Im concerned. I got no real help at all, and Im damn glad I didnt. I cant stand seeing kids on here going to 30k+ a year colleges and mommy and daddy are buying them new Bimmers. I did pay rent, which also covered food and was essentually my dads *****/slave where any free time I had he found busy work for me to do while he slept on the couch.

you would be surprised how much you can save when you are a miser and work all the time

Old 09-21-2009, 04:48 PM
IUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to behold
OT, Auctung I'm assuming it was your 6.0 at the Artomobilia recenty?

Old 09-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by IUkid
OT, Auctung I'm assuming it was your 6.0 at the Artomobilia recenty?

yup, wasnt I sexy

and how the hell did a 288 win!??!

Old 09-21-2009, 05:06 PM
IUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to behold
Car looked great. I looked around to see if I could spot who you were but no luck.

Old 09-21-2009, 05:47 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Auctung
no offence taken

I grew up on welfare and food stamps because my dad didnt feal the need to get a job for 22 years. He finally got a part time job 2 years ago, so I take no pitty on him. Hes where he is because of his laziness and is on his own as far as Im concerned. I got no real help at all, and Im damn glad I didnt. I cant stand seeing kids on here going to 30k+ a year colleges and mommy and daddy are buying them new Bimmers. I did pay rent, which also covered food and was essentually my dads *****/slave where any free time I had he found busy work for me to do while he slept on the couch.

you would be surprised how much you can save when you are a miser and work all the time
Man forreal? You must be one cheap SOB to save up that much to get a Lambo by 22 Say I make 120k a year, not even paying taxes or have zero expense that's 3 years before I can get one... you must be still paid pretty well

Old 09-21-2009, 05:56 PM
ZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really nice
I call bull****

Old 09-21-2009, 06:08 PM
I call bull****

well then join the ranks of ferrarichat and allan lambo

Old 09-22-2009, 03:28 PM
AussieRS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by frog_a_lot

Buying a nice car in Australia is a lot different then buying a nice car in the states. I think the current exchange rate is like .8, so even while assuming that, you're still looking at paying 2-4X the price for ANYTHING. I was going to drop 100KAUD on an Audi 2009 A4 with options, but bought the same car here for ~$40, 335i's and A5's are over $100KUSD. The price difference was pretty shocking. I still can't imagine paying 150-200K US for an E92 M3 in Australia when the dollar is a little less strong.

I still don't think that justifies having a lambo at 22 though either. It does bug me a bit when I see people with ****ty small houses and an AMG or 911 in the driveway. Sign me up for the food stamps then I guess...

Last edited by AussieRS; 09-22-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by AussieRS
I still don't think that justifies having a lambo at 22 though either. It does bug me a bit when I see people with ****ty small houses and an AMG or 911 in the driveway. Sign me up for the food stamps then I guess...

you see that comes down to priorities. To me, as I stated before, a home is just a place to eat, sleep, and poop. I was fine living at home in a 12x 13 room and I loved my 1k sq ft apt and would move back in a second if I could. Ild even take a house 1/4 the size of mine, but the home I got is about the smallest/cheapest I could get to accomidate my parking and garage spaces needs unfortunatly

Ive notice ALOT with the Ferrari and Porsche guys that a car is little more than a lifestlye acessory, and they look down on those whos lifestyle doesnt meet their notion on what a F or P car owner should have.

Now the Porshce owners that drive the **** out of their cars and a decent amount of Lambo owners see the cars as their passion and it takes priortity over showing off to impress others like most F and P car guys.

I think you see the car as something to show off as sign of yoru sucess at a fancy club, restaurant, or coffee shop. I see the car as my passion, and have little concern to making it a fashion acessory to a pompous liefstyle.

but thats just me

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: any "regular working guys" own a 360