Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

any "regular working guys" own a 360

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Hiro is on a distinguished road
If you are single and no one to be responsible for, then do what makes you happy in you life. Different people have different goals in life, some take approaches that are more extreme while others find a balance in between. Priorities also change as career/life changes/evolves, so what is important to you today might not be so important to you tomorrow or a year from now. One thing that I've learned is to try and look at the bigger picture. When you do that, sometimes you might see a different perspective.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Hiro
If you are single and no one to be responsible for, then do what makes you happy in you life. Different people have different goals in life, some take approaches that are more extreme while others find a balance in between. Priorities also change as career/life changes/evolves, so what is important to you today might not be so important to you tomorrow or a year from now. One thing that I've learned is to try and look at the bigger picture. When you do that, sometimes you might see a different perspective.

I completely agree. AS I first said, you should only buy a home if you NEED one or its your passion. A family qualifies as needing.

As far as the bigger picture and a home, Im trying to get a vasectomny so Ill NEVER spawn, and I would never be dumb enough to put myself into a legal position to have half of everything taken from me on another persons whim or mood swing (marriage).
In a church in front of God, sure. Leagally recognized by the state? HELL NO, and IN is not a common law marriage state

Old 09-23-2009, 04:37 PM
f car fan is on a distinguished road
thanks guys, to be honest i never thought there would be so many responses. i have talked everything over with some trusted friends and i am going to wait another 1.5-2 years and start shopping for one. this gives me time to save some more and also allow pricing to fall. and more time learn about the cars...maybe i can score a murci by then

thanks for all the replies and personal stories guys

Old 09-23-2009, 08:54 PM
ADubM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, great reading. I like the two sides to the story. Very interesting.
All I can say is if your driving an exotic no matter how old you are,
or even how you paid for it, you have to be feel'n pretty good.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:31 AM
ZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really nice
Great idea f car fan. I waited for 10 months to get my ordered 997 Twin Turbo. It was a long wait but well worth it! With extra time you can save and find the "perfect" car that you are looking for. Good luck and I hope you find the Murci of your dreams. Color desired??

Old 09-24-2009, 09:45 AM
frog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the rough
AussieRS - Yeah i know dude we get F***ed sideways here with the price of cars.

so you guys in the US can understand, i had a quick look in the forsale forum and then looked for same cars in Aus, and all the P cars etc where pretty much 2-3 times the price in Aus, like a car for sale in the US for $45K would be over $100K here in aus.

Back on topic, i deffinelty agree tho that it depends on why you want the car, is it for passion of cars or is it to show people you have money. I personally love cars and for me to spend lots of money on a car it would because its my passion and i love driving. I mean i would rather be driving around in my nice car than sitting around in my nice house (if i had either).

But always remember..

"You can live in a car, but you can't race a house"

Old 10-01-2009, 08:55 AM
mod220 is on a distinguished road
I'm perplexed too. if you come from a poor family, then you bought it on your own. and if you started working full time at 18, that's only 4 years of working to save up. you would need $150k to buy the Lambo, which equates to roughly $3,125/month over 4 years. To get the $3,125/month net, you need to make $4,150 (assuming 25% taxes).

so the first $49,800 (4,150 x 12) of your salary went to your car? I have a hard time believing an 18 year-old, living in Indy with no college degree could even earn $50k, but it would have to be a much higher income then that as $50k is just for the car, and you said you also paid rent?

it just doesn't pencil...

Originally Posted by Auctung
no offence taken

I grew up on welfare and food stamps because my dad didnt feal the need to get a job for 22 years. He finally got a part time job 2 years ago, so I take no pitty on him. Hes where he is because of his laziness and is on his own as far as Im concerned. I got no real help at all, and Im damn glad I didnt. I cant stand seeing kids on here going to 30k+ a year colleges and mommy and daddy are buying them new Bimmers. I did pay rent, which also covered food and was essentually my dads *****/slave where any free time I had he found busy work for me to do while he slept on the couch.

you would be surprised how much you can save when you are a miser and work all the time

Old 10-01-2009, 10:19 AM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mod220
You'd be shocked at some of the jobs that are out there. I know a couple of 18 year olds pulling in $75-80k a year. It's all about the time you're willing to put in and how well you operate on very little sleep. But it can be done.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by StorminS4
You'd be shocked at some of the jobs that are out there. I know a couple of 18 year olds pulling in $75-80k a year. It's all about the time you're willing to put in and how well you operate on very little sleep. But it can be done.
i'm not saying the jobs don't exist, but the whole scenario is illogical.

we each have a right to spend our money any way we like, but if the said poster really was making $80k/year, and put every nickel he made net of rent into savings to buy a $150,000 Lamborghini, while having no other investments/savings, while bunking up with pops, well, then that's a pretty irresponsible use of money. again, it doesn't pencil as i can't see somebody doing that.

Last edited by mod220; 10-01-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:47 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mod220
I'm perplexed too. if you come from a poor family, then you bought it on your own. and if you started working full time at 18, that's only 4 years of working to save up. you would need $150k to buy the Lambo, which equates to roughly $3,125/month over 4 years. To get the $3,125/month net, you need to make $4,150 (assuming 25% taxes).

so the first $49,800 (4,150 x 12) of your salary went to your car? I have a hard time believing an 18 year-old, living in Indy with no college degree could even earn $50k, but it would have to be a much higher income then that as $50k is just for the car, and you said you also paid rent?

I agree Mod. I'll think I'll move back in with mommy and daddy so I can drive a Lambo.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Banned
DRIVN Ind. is on a distinguished road
If you arent financially responsible for anyone other than yourself and you can swing it, why not.

All where your priorities lie.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of
wow, some of you guys need to dream a little bigger and think beyond your own preconseptions that are holding you back.

you guys are sitting there asking how can this be, while I look at it as why can I not do better?

where you give up, I want more and figure out what will it take to get it.

then again that may be why Im 25 with my own biz, home, Lambo, and a CGT on the way. Im not fealing too bad right about now about some doubters on a message board.

to the rest of the "regular working guys" dont let people like this deture you. Ive been around them my entire life and just ignored them and focused on my goals and dreams. There are huge sacrifices to be made, but whatever it is you do, if you do it better than anyone else you will be more than sucessfull. And if you enjoy it, it wont even be a job to you.
And lastly, with God, ALL is possible!!

Last edited by Auctung; 10-05-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:47 AM
i know plenty of people who owned expensive cars by 25, I myself have had cash set aside since 26 to make a 360 of 996TT purchase. the difference with you is you have yet to quantify it. you claim to have been a poor 18 year old who saved up. nobody else's money, just saved, saved and saved. all I'm asking is for you to quantify that?

either you have exaggerated how bad your situation was, or you were hood rich buying a lambo while still bunking up with your folks. so which is it?

Originally Posted by Auctung
wow, some of you guys need to dream a little bigger and think beyond your own preconseptions that are holding you back.

you guys are sitting there asking how can this be, while I look at it as why can I not do better?

where you give up, I want more and figure out what will it take to get it.

then again that may be why Im 25 with my own biz, home, Lambo, and a CGT on the way. Im not fealing too bad right about now about some doubters on a message board.

to the rest of the "regular working guys" dont let people like this deture you. Ive been around them my entire life and just ignored them and focused on my goals and dreams. There are huge sacrifices to be made, but whatever it is you do, if you do it better than anyone else you will be more than sucessfull. And if you enjoy it, it wont even be a job to you.
And lastly, with God, ALL is possible!!

Old 10-06-2009, 10:54 AM
willcoxmd will become famous soon enoughwillcoxmd will become famous soon enough
this was a very entertaining thread, but i would like to say many of you have a misconception about doctors and lawyers and the money they make and how they got it. I'm just a regular guy, came from very little, just decided to focus my energy on going to school and working full time to pay for it. i spent a lot of years eating mac-n-cheese and coffee to get where i am now, but i'm still a regular guy oh...still don't have an Italian in my garage

Old 10-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Krashdoc will become famous soon enough
Occasionally I dream of owning a car that I lusted over since my youth.

Last edited by Krashdoc; 07-22-2015 at 10:20 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: any "regular working guys" own a 360