Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

any "regular working guys" own a 360

Old 08-24-2009, 06:06 PM
f car fan is on a distinguished road
any "regular working guys" own a 360

Hello, all
i am a long time lurker here and the various other exotic websites, i never post b/c honestly i never had anything to ask. Well about 2002 i promised my self a f car before i was 40 i am 31 now. I have been saving a set amount amount seperate from regular savings and expenses etc etc. i own my own business and have a full time job and make decent money for where i live no kids no wife and luckily have a paid for home that i love and is worth a decent sum even in the down turn.

well i had always planed on buying a 360/430 when prices dropped to 110k-120k and i had enough of a down payment (half or more) to pay about 500-700 per month for taxes and insurance and payment. which is about what i have been paying for my last car to ensure i would pay off early. and i also will have 7-8k to set aside for a repair mods unexpected car related things.

thanks to the current prices of exotics, and my business has actualy grown in the last 2 years. it looks like i will reach my goal in the next 12 months. my dilemia is that i look at what i percieve as the usual exotic owner and i dont see people like my self...i see doctors lawyers bankers ceo's etc etc not 9-5 working stiffs like my self lol.

so i just wanted to see if there are any other "regular folks" who are or where in the same postion as i am?

hope i did not offend any one with the "regular guy" comment but i just dont know how else to put it

thanks and sorry for the long first post

Old 08-24-2009, 07:04 PM
RyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to all
I'm regular folks as well. I had a similar goal, pay cash for a Ferrari by the time I was 25. I bought my first F car a 360 in 2005. I'm a business owner and working stiff for sure I worked 110hrs a week for my company, office stuff all day, wrench all night. Did that for YEARS.

This was my 360:

Old 08-24-2009, 07:10 PM
f car fan is on a distinguished road
thanks ryan. i saw you race in texas at tk5 or 6 dont remember ....i actually had a big single 2jzgte sc300 a few years ago....sw aka streetking is my hero lol

Old 08-24-2009, 07:16 PM
RyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to all
Small world! SW and his collection make me sick.... But I guess SW is a "hero" to me too

Last edited by RyanWoon; 08-24-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:22 PM
SPiNz can only hope to improve
Im a "regular folk" and I have a viper.

I just dont come off "super rich". I didn't go out and buy the expensive clothes, the rolex, all that BS. I bought it because I love cars and like to drive the car.

One thing is having a nice car and one thing is having a nice car and trying to be an illusionist and try to live the life of the super rich.

Its all about how much your willing to pay a month for your car. If you think you can pay $700-900 a month for a car without a problem then I dont see why you cant have a supercar.

As long as your not living in an apartment and you have a daily driver and a garage to keep the car, i dont see the problem.

I was in your same shoes when I bought my viper, I thought a ferrari or lambo would be too much of an overkill since im not "super rich", so I went with the viper. Just like you I have a 9-5 also.

if you think your going to be tight on money then I would buy something with warranty too. Repairs on those cars can add up fast.

my viper I have spent like $6,000 in repairs in the last year, but thats because I modded it a lot and blew a lot of parts.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:31 PM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of
why do you care about perception for??
maybe stuck up Ferrari owners care about that, but screw em, buy the car of your dreams and DRIVE it.
Driving it alone will have most Ferrari owners looking down at you as they spend their time washing and waxing there car all week to go show it off for an hour or so then head back home once the meet turns into a drive.

I got my Lambo at 22 and in no way at all can measure up to the carrers of others I drive with. Most owners around here are surgens, docs, lawyers, inverstors, etc and all look at me baffeled like I must be a drug dealer or something when I show up. Sometime its a good reaction, sometimes its haters. It doesnt affect me either way and it shouldnt affect you either.

Go after you dream and help get some good down to earth owners in Ferraris instead of the wash cloth up the *** kind that all around now

Old 08-25-2009, 05:03 PM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
First - Ryan Woon isn't normal folks so disregard his posts!!! (former Supra owner here too)

Second - I had my first Porsche 911 at 23...2 years later, with a fully modded 996TT. Is the perspection bad sometimes? Sure, but you know what, who cares? Use it as a second car and you're fine. There's no rule that says you need to be a lawyer/banker to drive a Ferrari...I don't even know why you are concerned with what ppl will think your job is. You're a business owner...which is respectable...besides, at the end of the day, your character speaks for you anyway...i know this cause i tell the ladies i work at taco bell as the janitor...and u kno what? i always get the digits vs. those who brag about their private jets!

Old 08-26-2009, 12:14 AM
huskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to all
Originally Posted by f car fan
...i see doctors lawyers bankers ceo's etc etc not 9-5 working stiffs like my self lol.
The biggest trick the devil played on humanity was convincing the world that lawyers make a ton of money. I'm still waiting lol...

My motto is as long as you can pay the mortgage, maintain a great credit score, and save a little, live life to the fullest and spend your money on things that make you happy (whether that be cars, charities, travel, whatever).

Old 08-26-2009, 11:56 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
I like to think I'm a normal guy

Originally Posted by f car fan
Hello, all
i am a long time lurker here and the various other exotic websites, i never post b/c honestly i never had anything to ask. Well about 2002 i promised my self a f car before i was 40 i am 31 now. I have been saving a set amount amount seperate from regular savings and expenses etc etc. i own my own business and have a full time job and make decent money for where i live no kids no wife and luckily have a paid for home that i love and is worth a decent sum even in the down turn.

well i had always planed on buying a 360/430 when prices dropped to 110k-120k and i had enough of a down payment (half or more) to pay about 500-700 per month for taxes and insurance and payment. which is about what i have been paying for my last car to ensure i would pay off early. and i also will have 7-8k to set aside for a repair mods unexpected car related things.

thanks to the current prices of exotics, and my business has actualy grown in the last 2 years. it looks like i will reach my goal in the next 12 months. my dilemia is that i look at what i percieve as the usual exotic owner and i dont see people like my self...i see doctors lawyers bankers ceo's etc etc not 9-5 working stiffs like my self lol.

so i just wanted to see if there are any other "regular folks" who are or where in the same postion as i am?

hope i did not offend any one with the "regular guy" comment but i just dont know how else to put it

thanks and sorry for the long first post
It sounds like we are pretty similar. I'm 29 and bought a Gallardo earlier this year, and I'm looking to add a 430 spyder possibly this month. I own my own company and I don't do the normal lawyer, doctor, or investment banker LOL. I don't think any of that matters. It sound like you understand what you are getting into so jump in. I can tell you that maintaining the car is not cheap. In my 8 month of exotic car ownership it has cost me about 10k for new tires, routine services, and a new clutch. As long as you know that these bills are coming I don't see any draw back to enjoying something you have put your self in a positon to have and enjoy. Just be prepared for people to form their own opinions. I constantly get asked if I won the lottery, or if i'm very wealthy. Most people don't understand that its possible to just love cars and make sacrifices in other areas to enjoy nice cars. good luck

Old 08-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Grendel is on a distinguished road
I'm 36, make a darn good living... but still can't afford the car of my dreams. lol... I guess I'll have to wait until I'm 46! I'm not disgruntled... actually it's my own fault. I spent way too much time and money on Japanese toy cars (STi and Evo) Someday, I WILL own a 993TT.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:25 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by huskylawyer

My motto is as long as you can pay the mortgage, maintain a great credit score, and save a little, live life to the fullest and spend your money on things that make you happy (whether that be cars, charities, travel, whatever).
+1 add in 401K or IRA, and take care of your family if something happens to you.

I am up to my arms in goo every day does not stop me from buying what I want and can afford. Now I will never go super exotic even though I could propably afford it. Just to much of a American car fan. Maybe a Ford GT when they drop in price but I love my prowlers and vipers currently..

Old 08-28-2009, 01:31 PM
CosmosMpower has much to be proud ofCosmosMpower has much to be proud ofCosmosMpower has much to be proud ofCosmosMpower has much to be proud ofCosmosMpower has much to be proud ofCosmosMpower has much to be proud ofCosmosMpower has much to be proud ofCosmosMpower has much to be proud ofCosmosMpower has much to be proud of
I think if you can afford it comfortably and have another car to drive screw what other people think. I'd love to get a F-car by 30, better work my *** off for the next 4 years.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:34 PM
AceRothstein415 is on a distinguished road
love ur avatar grendel!!!!!

Old 08-31-2009, 07:21 PM
BGolden will become famous soon enough
I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I would say wait until you can pay cash for it. When it comes down to it a Ferrari is just a car. There are many cars that you can have fun in and pay cash for. One thing I have learned this year is financing is no way to go. There is no difference between the people paying weekly or monthly. The lending institution is winning either way. Pay yourself the $900 a month and win in the end. The lending institutions want you to have everything yesterday and pay twice as much to them.

Good luck.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:22 AM
redhotmurc333 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Personally I don't think it matters "what" you do, what your title is or where you live, whether it's a house, a mansion, or a apt...AS LONG AS YOU CAN AFFORD IT and the maintenance(Services, repairs, insurance, registration, taxes, gas)and it is your passion, go for it!!!
My passion for cars stemmed since I was a little boy in the 70's as I watched my big bro work on his 76' Pontiac Firebird in the garage or take me on canyon runs in his Jensen Healey...That's when my love affair for cars began and I knew I would ALWAYS want a nice sports car!!!

And years later when I got into college, I lived with roommates, in a rental property and I went to school full time AND worked full time and when my other friends spent all their money on nice clothes, leisure activities and partying, I didn't!
Instead I saved and saved and bought myself a 1 year old pre-owned 93 Porsche 911 C-2 in triple black! Was I pushing it??? YES...but was I happy??? HECK YEAH I was!!!
And yea I got stares and yeah I got comments like, "DADDY'S CAR?"
But you know what??? I LOVED IT and DIDN'T GIVE A CRUD! Because at the end of the day, after parking the car in the garage, I would shut the door, set the alarm, and then take one more look at the baby before going inside and have a feeling of fulfilment that was undescribable...It was like feeling full even if I haven't eaten yet!!!
And since then, about 16 years after...I have owned almost every car that I've dreamed of owning! Am I the richest man in the world? Not EVEN CLOSE! Do I lose alot of money than justifiable from depreciation? Probably!
Do some people think I'm crazy for going thru cars so quickly? You betcha!
Do I care? NOT!
Why??? Because it is my passion and if I'm going to be working hard to get these hard earned dollars, I think I am entitled to have at least one hobby that will make me happy! As long as I have all my other priorities straight, it doesn't hurt anybody~
Because maybe to someone a $1200 pair of shoes, $180k watch, or a $5000 Cell Phone may make sense... but to me... NOT REALLY!
But I don't knock them because maybe that's their passion...BUT my passion is in cars!!! Different strokes for different folks!!!
My friends used to ask me, "If you had a choice of having a huge house and a mediocre car or have an AWESOME car and live in an apt, what would u choose?" What do you think my answer was?? Right!!! HAHA!

So yea, you will always have someone judging you or saying things that you don't want to hear BUT they are all entitled to their opinions and you shouldn't let it get to you and you should never have to justify your passion to anyone! Because that is your prerogative and your forte~

Sorry for the long story but if you want it, whether it's the prancin horse, a stuttgart shield or a raging bull and you CAN afford to pay cash or finance it(either or it's all just a numbers game cuz if you pay cash for this you're probably making payments on something else)... Just GO FOR IT!!!
Because in the long haul, you're the one that's paying the notes anyways...not them!!!

Last edited by redhotmurc333; 09-01-2009 at 12:25 AM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: any "regular working guys" own a 360