Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

would you buy a 360 with 25k+miles?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Hiro is on a distinguished road
I just recently picked up one. You might want to check out fchat as that is more dedicated to f cars and a lot more data points. The important thing based on my experience is the history of the car and the service records. When you find one make sure you understand what services are being done, and if all campaigns are completed. Some of the campaigns have expired and if those weren't done within the warranty period, could get costly in the future. An example would be the F1 transmission ECU, and cam variator related updates. Belt, fluid, clutch, brakes will all be costly, so a PPI at a reputable shop or dealer will be ideal. This is truly a great car which one can only appreciate when you get an opportunity to drive one.

Best of luck on your hunt.

Hiro

Old 10-03-2009, 12:13 PM
ChasenIS is on a distinguished road
I am sure its been said already but just to say it again, Ferrari engine life is short. I wouldn't buy one with more than 3k on it, unless you just want to look at it every Sunday instead of driving.

Old 10-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ChasenIS
I am sure its been said already but just to say it again, Ferrari engine life is short. I wouldn't buy one with more than 3k on it, unless you just want to look at it every Sunday instead of driving.
Ridiculous.

Old 10-03-2009, 02:49 PM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
I hope you are just joking lol...

Old 10-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
good service history, a proper car breed, and an attractive price = new addition to your garage. I would rather have one with a few miles on it and know it was driven rather than a garage queen with very low miles. These cars are meant to be driven.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:33 AM
davey1015 will become famous soon enough
i like cars with a few extra miles, sittings no good for any car

Old 10-12-2009, 01:56 PM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Old 10-12-2009, 04:34 PM
I asked the shop and the highest mileage 360 they've seen was 120k miles. It was still in good shape, just someone's daily commuter. It is not so much the reliability at high mileage, if maintained properly, they go a long long way. The primary concern is more the service expenses (fluid, belt, clutch, brakes, etc) that cost a lot more than other vehicles. You should call your local Ferrari dealer service manager and ask them what is the highest mileage car they've seen. You might be surprised.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:44 PM
mod220 is on a distinguished road
thanks. can you direct me to a link that maps out the services and costs associated with each? i thought i saw it on here before, but can't seem to find it

Old 10-12-2009, 05:39 PM
BCS996TT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by neilwight

my friend had his Z06 transmission rebuilt and his car tuned/prepped for 2.5k. what would that get you on a ferrari. a rear challenge grill fitted with a little change left over.
unfortunately adding a rear challenge grill after the car has been manufactured would run in the neighborhood of 12K.... so 2.5K would get you an oil change, brake fluid flush, tranny flush and some change left over.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:14 PM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Seriously though, 25k on a 360? That's like 300k on any other car. I'd skip on it unless the car was going for $50,000.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:21 AM
BCS996TT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NewSong
Seriously though, 25k on a 360? That's like 300k on any other car.
You gotta be joking right?!?!

Old 10-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by BCS996TT
You gotta be joking right?!?!
When any of my cars get over 25k, I usually trade them in, or give them to a relative and buy a new one.

I wouldn't keep a Ferrari over 20k to be honest.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by NewSong
When any of my cars get over 25k, I usually trade them in, or give them to a relative and buy a new one.

I wouldn't keep a Ferrari over 20k to be honest.
You obviously have lack of knowledge on these cars. Buying and selling cars at a certain mileage and year consistently is a personal preference, but to jump to conclusion that a higher mileage Ferrari should not be purchased without really knowing what you are talking about is something else.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Hiro
You obviously have lack of knowledge on these cars. Buying and selling cars at a certain mileage and year consistently is a personal preference, but to jump to conclusion that a higher mileage Ferrari should not be purchased without really knowing what you are talking about is something else.
Hey what's with the flame baiting Hiro? I happen to know quite a bit about Ferraris.

It's personal preference. You can keep your own Ferrari until it hits 150,000 miles. I don't care, but I'm not going to call you stupid because of it.

Chill out, relax, and get a girlfriend.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: would you buy a 360 with 25k+miles?